300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP - Fall 2008 Written/Oral Exam

Just an F.Y.I. to those who may have not checked the PSP website lately. The next written exam is tentatively scheduled for sometime between late October and early November 2008. Apps need to be submitted by Sept 27th.

anyone else here going to be taking the written test this fall?? also, does anyone have any insight about the test?

Comment

Yes, it is a very easy test, Dont worry about it, it is simple math that makes you think a little but does not require a calculator at all. Dont over think it and you will be fine. I am waiting to see if I passed the poly for the March 09 class. This is the week I am either going to get a call saying they are investigating me or a letter saying thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by maf982 View Post
        anyone else here going to be taking the written test this fall?? also, does anyone have any insight about the test?
        I'll be taking the test this Fall as well. I took the written/oral exams back in May/June but my ranking was too high to be called for the PE exam.
        The test is simple math and english but take your time and don't rush through it.
        The cutoff date was Sept 27th so letters to report for the written exam should be mailed out soon. Keep an eye to the PSP website because the annoucement will be post on there.

Comment

gymdude, same here i took the test back in may at John Jay College in Nyc, my rank was 1,400 something. Thid time I hope to pass with a very good grade and pass the the oral. although i'm supposed to be going into the nypd in january. Got some hard thinking to do.
          Last edited by GeneralMelchid; 09-30-2008, 09:15 PM. Reason: nuts

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralMelchid View Post
            gymdude, same here i took the test back in may at John Jay College in Nyc, my rank was 1,400 something. Thid time I hope to pass with a very good grade and pass the the oral. although i'm supposed to be going into the nypd in january. Got some hard thinking to do.

I also took the test back in May/June...does this mean that if we didn't get a call to the next step after our interview, that's it?....I ranked in the low 300's....
            Last edited by TXChopper; 09-30-2008, 10:24 PM. Reason: None
            6101 (October 2006) - Passed

Comment

I also took the exam in may/june and ranked around 1000. Iam hoping to do better this time around.
              Ed

Comment

Originally posted by TXChopper View Post
                I also took the test back in May/June...does this mean that if we didn't get a call to the next step after our interview, that's it?....I ranked in the low 300's....
                According to the trooper at the Oral exam, he stated that we should be prepared to take the PE exam because all 1600 that took the test will most likely be called.
                According to the trooper I spoke to on the phone after I received my ranking, he stated that they were only calling the Top 300 at this time and he suggested to sign up for the next round of testing.
                I was surprised that they were having another written test this fall. I assumed that it was just a once a year thing. That being said, I'm sure it's a safe bet that anyone over a ranking of 300 from the May/June tests will not be called.
                I could be wrong though.

Comment

Got my written exam notice in the mail yesterday. I'm scheduled for the Nov 8th @ 1pm test at U of Penn.
                  Anyone else get their notice?

Comment

I recieved my notice yesterday also and i am scheduled for Sat Oct 25.

Comment

got my notice yesterday...taking the test on Oct. 25th as well. hopefully this will be a good start to a long process.

Comment

Nov 1 for me.....Lehigh
                        6101 (October 2006) - Passed

Comment

written exam

Nov 1st at Lehigh as well

Comment

Good Luck on the Nov. 1 '08 written PSP test

The best of luck to all of you testing for the 2009 PSP academy process!!

Comment

Here Here, hopefully all of us pass and go on beyond the Oral Interview, got mine tomorrow at 12:00 pm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2967 users online. 147 members and 2820 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X