Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City Of Philadelphia Financial Crisis...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Of Philadelphia Financial Crisis...

There was an announcement yesterday that the City Of Philadelphia is in a financial crisis. They say there might be possible layoffs and they already cut the position of I believe the aide to the Communications director after only being on the payroll for a day. They claim they cannot afford to pay the salary.

So what does that mean for the rest of the City Employees or those that have applied for employment? Those waiting classes might want to keep this in mind!

I guess we will have to wait and see....

Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
    There was an announcement yesterday that the City Of Philadelphia is in a financial crisis. They say there might be possible layoffs and they already cut the position of I believe the aide to the Communications director after only being on the payroll for a day. They claim they cannot afford to pay the salary.

So what does that mean for the rest of the City Employees or those that have applied for employment? Those waiting classes might want to keep this in mind!

I guess we will have to wait and see....

I hate to be the first one to tell you.....But I told you SO....Brothers and Sisters run this city right into the ground..

Why do you think the Mayor only wanted to give one year contracts ?

I TOLD YOU SO......GOD IT FEELS GREAT TO SAY THAT.....LAY THEM ALL OFF.

LOL
    " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

Um aren't you at risk there too Garbage Man??? Hmmmmm....

Comment

Well, I hate to see people get laid off but I cant see Nutter going after public safety jobs since he made crime his number 1 priority during the race. What I do see is some merging and alot of white collar jobs going away. Maybe Carl Greene will lose his job and Im sure CTM will be happy.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

You are right Orlando he probably won't "lay off" any cops or fire fighters but they could very possibly do a hiring freeze again. The problem is that there are probably about 20-40 cops a month going out on retirement that are not being replaced. There is already a deficit in manpower in the department from the hiring freeze a few years back under street.

Now P/C Ramsey did state that he is going to re-evaluate special units come around October and see what units can be trimmed and police put back in patrol districts. Some of these units are SERIOUSLY inflated. It will be interesting to see who gets tossed back into a district.....

Comment

Son of a biatch, and here I thought I was doing good with the whole process. As far as the special units go, hasn't the PC been looking for a reason to get rid of the Narco strike force? Does this mean they won't be bringing back the mounted patrol? How will this affect those who are in the process? Will we come to a grinding halt until they decide that there isn't a hiring freeze?

Good thing I put in for other departments.

Comment

Good questions. Shame there aren't any definite answers as of yet.

Ramsey is not a fan of NSF by any means. Its obvious. I don't think he is going to eliminate them (especially after the most tragic death of one of their own) but there are probably going to be a LOT of cuts and reassignments.
              Hopefully they won't cancel classes but it has been known to happen!
              I guess thats why they say don't put all your eggs in one basket!

Comment

No reason why the sheriff's office can not take over municipal security officers. Also get rid of neighborhood service. They seemed to be run ALOT better when they were district abandoned vehicle officers.

Comment

Weird. The city had a huge surplus just a few years ago.
                  Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Montgomery county is now on a hiring freeze.

Comment

Heard from a source that the rebirth of the Mounted Unit is put on hold for the time being. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
                        Weird. The city had a huge surplus just a few years ago.

I guess you didn't hear about all the FBI interest and controversy surrounding Mayor Street and his corrupt family did you?

I hope this doesn't hold me up in the process, I'm starting to hate my current job more and more. On top of that all I've wanted to be when I grew up was a soldier and a cop and well I did the soldier thing and my life hasn't allowed me to be a cop until now.

Comment

Stormz is right. There was a surplus of money and you do bring up a going point of what happened to it, John Street. However he justified every dime he spent even if it was a waste to the rest of us. Remember Safe Streets? How much Police Overtime was WASTED on a crime initiative that absolutely did not work?
                          The money is spent on the bad areas of the city yet the revenue comes from the working class or the tax payers in what is left in the "good areas" of the city.

Now don't despair Police Hopefuls. Even if the city and state are in dire straits SOMETIMES they end up finding federal grant money (IE. Site unit, COPS Ahead money) to pay for crime initiatives which can mean they still can hire.
                          Things always come in phases, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

And keep in mind we are already a few months in to the fiscal year..hmmmmmm

Wait and see....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                            Montgomery county is now on a hiring freeze.
                            Are you sure about this? I know a guy who just got hired a couple weeks ago. I myself am in the background investigation phase for a couple Montgomery County depts. I was under the impression that each township made their own call about whether to "hiring freeze" or not... or were you referring to Montgomery County PD?
                            You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

Comment

From the Montoco HR web site:

Department of Human Resources

The Commissioners announced at their public meeting on Thursday, September 18th that there is a hiring freeze in effect immediately.

http://humanres.montcopa.org/humanre...a,3,Q,6385.asp

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5441 users online. 302 members and 5139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X