Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSP Background investigation.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PSP Background investigation.

    I was contacted by a Trooper and informed that my BI was started. I met with the Trooper after about a week and he stated that everything looked good. I am wondering how long it takes to hear if I successfully moved to the next step. I'm also wondering if anyone is at this stage of the process now and when the next class will begin.

  • #2
    did you get a paper at the fitness test w/ an outline of the process? my fiance did and it was pretty dead on w/ the time frame. It was always usually the last day too...nothing early. I can't remember exactly how long it was though. I'll try to dig out that sheet or ask him when he is home this weekend from the academy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Para101 View Post
      I was contacted by a Trooper and informed that my BI was started. I met with the Trooper after about a week and he stated that everything looked good. I am wondering how long it takes to hear if I successfully moved to the next step. I'm also wondering if anyone is at this stage of the process now and when the next class will begin.
      I'm guessing you didn't just take the Physical Fitness Test because I don't think you would be at the background already. You must be in the same boat as me and took the written last year. My background was suppose to be completed this week but I don't know if my background investigator is actually going to tell me if I'm good to go or not, I doubt it. I'll have to wait to hear sometime after the BI review panel rules on it, which I don't think is until next month. The class I'm slotted for was suppose to start December 8th, 2008 but I heard a rumor it might be pushed back to Jan 09 because of the holidays. If you did just take your physical and you were selected from the recently released eligibility list than that class is slated for Feb 09 which may also be pushed back a month, I'm assuming.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by keelah View Post
        I'm guessing you didn't just take the Physical Fitness Test because I don't think you would be at the background already. You must be in the same boat as me and took the written last year. My background was suppose to be completed this week but I don't know if my background investigator is actually going to tell me if I'm good to go or not, I doubt it. I'll have to wait to hear sometime after the BI review panel rules on it, which I don't think is until next month. The class I'm slotted for was suppose to start December 8th, 2008 but I heard a rumor it might be pushed back to Jan 09 because of the holidays. If you did just take your physical and you were selected from the recently released eligibility list than that class is slated for Feb 09 which may also be pushed back a month, I'm assuming.
        I took the fitness test back in June and the written last year like you. The trooper said he did not find any major problems with my background. Do you know how the background panel works and how they come up with their ruling.
        Last edited by Para101; 09-04-2008, 08:14 AM. Reason: forgot a word

        Comment


        • #5
          You're probably good to go if the BI told you he didn't find any problems. They are pretty forward from my experience. If you have issues they will let you know.

          Does anyone know when the new expected start date is? (specifically, as Jan, XX)?

          Comment


          • #6
            They said Jan 9th at processing, although I think their will be another one in June 09.

            Comment


            • #7
              yea at my processing, which is the same one as para101, they told us that the academy was scheduled to start december 8th i believe, then i heard rumors of another class beginning in january, and february, as well as june. from what i've heard most recently there will definitely be a class in january. i am currently having my background done and was wondering if someone would be able to shed some light on what a typical day at the academy consists of.

              Comment


              • #8
                Does anybody know know this contract business works? I know that the current one has expired..so what next? Will another one be published soon? How does pay work in the meantime?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I went to Greensburg, PA for my pre- polygraph and my fitness test...They gave us a tentative date of Feb. 09 for the 1st class of 09...I just took my polygraph test...talk about nervous...its almost like you feel like a tool after leaving there...I know I did..LOL... anyways, I feel i did a decent job, but we will see...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yea artilleryvet you would be in the class that starts after the one i'm going into. don't worry about your polygraph, its tough but they just want to make sure they're hiring alright people, not saints. don't sweat the small stuff.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Does anyone have an idea what date the panel is reviewing the backgrounds.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Para101 View Post
                        Does anyone have an idea what date the panel is reviewing the backgrounds.
                        Reports are due September 17, Panel either starts or finishes reviewing them on September 28, which is when letters will be sent out for the medical/psychological. That is the date I wrote down at my physical and I'm not sure if is when they start reviewing them or complete them. Either way its going to be awhile before the medical which was scheduled for early Nov but may be pushed back if the academy start date is.

                        Sorry for the repeating posts that follow, my browser crapped out on me while trying to post this and somehow did it three times....
                        Last edited by keelah; 09-06-2008, 02:23 AM. Reason: spam

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Para101 View Post
                          Does anyone have an idea what date the panel is reviewing the backgrounds.
                          Reports are due September 17, Panel either starts or finishes reviewing them on September 28, which is when letters will be sent out for the medical/psychological. That is the date I wrote down at my physical and I'm not sure if is when they start reviewing them or complete them. Either way its going to be awhile before the medical which was scheduled for early Nov but may be pushed back if the academy start date is.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Para101 View Post
                            Does anyone have an idea what date the panel is reviewing the backgrounds.
                            Reports are due September 17, Panel either starts or finishes reviewing them on September 28, which is when letters will be sent out for the medical/psychological. That is the date I wrote down at my physical and I'm not sure if is when they start reviewing them or complete them. Either way its going to be awhile before the medical which was scheduled for early Nov but may be pushed back if the academy start date is.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I was reading along and it appears I'll be heading to the Dec. 8th class pending the results of the BI. I was wondering if anyone knew if the medical/psych took place on the same day, and if that would be a weekday or a weekend.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3014 users online. 142 members and 2872 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X