X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hacksaw01
    replied
    Originally posted by tp2165 View Post
    It's pretty much a mute point as our administrative regulations don't allow off duty-security.
    Ok, I wasn't aware. My dad used to take extra jobs such as bingo hall security for a few extra bucks...but he wasn't PSP.

Leave a comment:

• unsworninpa104
    replied
    Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
    According to the web site, police officers need to request exemption. I would think PSP would need to request it as well.

Full-time police officers applying for basic certification must submit the basic application for agent certification (SP8-200); the Municipal Police Officer Waiver of Training Verification Form (SP8-204); and the Police Officer Exemption Application (SP8-200 C). Both the waiver and exemption form must be signed by the Chief of Police. Officers hired after 1974 must also submit a copy of the physical and psychological exams they had as a prerequisite of employment at their current police department. If one is not available, a letter from the Chief stating both were completed upon employment is acceptable. Full-Time police officers who are renewing their 235 certification must submit the Application for Renewal of Agent Certification (SP8-205) along with the Municipal Police Officer Waiver of Training Verification Form (SP8-204).
    i used this rule to bypass the act 235 training to obtain the position i have now. anyone with an act 120 certification can do the same as long as their psychological and physical examinations are up to date.

Leave a comment:

• tp2165
    replied
    It's pretty much a mute point as our administrative regulations don't allow off duty-security.

Leave a comment:

• fedguy889
    replied
    According to the web site, police officers need to request exemption. I would think PSP would need to request it as well.

Full-time police officers applying for basic certification must submit the basic application for agent certification (SP8-200); the Municipal Police Officer Waiver of Training Verification Form (SP8-204); and the Police Officer Exemption Application (SP8-200 C). Both the waiver and exemption form must be signed by the Chief of Police. Officers hired after 1974 must also submit a copy of the physical and psychological exams they had as a prerequisite of employment at their current police department. If one is not available, a letter from the Chief stating both were completed upon employment is acceptable. Full-Time police officers who are renewing their 235 certification must submit the Application for Renewal of Agent Certification (SP8-205) along with the Municipal Police Officer Waiver of Training Verification Form (SP8-204).

Leave a comment:

• PaRoadDawg
    replied
    I'm going to say no, but you do need permission to work a second job. They may take the job responsibilities into account, and say no. PSP doesn't want to open themselves up to liability with a Trooper taking "off-duty" action.

Leave a comment:

• hacksaw01
    started a topic PSP off duty work

PSP off duty work

Do PSP officers (current) need to be ACT 235 licensed in order to do off duty security work (carrying a gun)?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4345 users online. 287 members and 4058 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X