300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn Police

Good luck tommorrow to everyone attending interviews!
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Good luck tomorrow to everyone attending interviews!

Thank you....Are you going to be there ?
    " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

I thought Penn told you to get lost CityTrashman?

Comment

Are you going to be there ?

Yup. Check your private message.

Comment

i went today. first time i've every done horrible(in my mind anyway) in an interview. they ask you 5 questions and after the first one i knew i had no shot at the job. before i realized what was coming out of my mouth i gave the most asinine response ever. after i responded i gave serious though to just getting up and saying "sorry for that, and thank you for your time". that coupled with the fact that i was already kind of thrown off because i was the youngest person by at least 10 years that was interviewing i knew i had no chance. good luck to anyone for going on thursday.

prepare for 4 scenario questions and a "why should we hire you?" question. basic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by unsworninpa104 View Post
            i went today. first time i've every done horrible(in my mind anyway) in an interview. they ask you 5 questions and after the first one i knew i had no shot at the job. before i realized what was coming out of my mouth i gave the most asinine response ever. after i responded i gave serious though to just getting up and saying "sorry for that, and thank you for your time". that coupled with the fact that i was already kind of thrown off because i was the youngest person by at least 10 years that was interviewing i knew i had no chance. good luck to anyone for going on thursday.

prepare for 4 scenario questions and a "why should we hire you?" question. basic stuff.
            shake it off.. this happens to the best of us.. who knows, they may still like you... ive heard many horror stories about interviews, only for the person to be hired... if not, brush yourself off and keep plugging away. With ACT 120, your bound to find something..... good luck!

Comment

Never quit.

How do you know if you really came across badly? Maybe they liked your answers. Maybe they liked the way you recovered if you did say something wrong. Maybe the other people interviewing were a bunch of idiots that they didn’t like (not anyone in this forum of course!). Do you think they all said the right thing and spoke like they were Aristotle and their words were being written down for history to remember forever? Maybe they liked the way you looked. Maybe they liked this or liked that. Maybe they want a younger guy.

Just keep a positive attitude and don’t look bad. If you did truly do badly, then you learned what not to do next time. Practice. Get a friend to pretend to interview you and record it. Go over it, fix your grammar, analyze how you could have done better. If it is not meant to be than forget it. You have your Act 120; you have proved you have what it takes to be cop.

Did you apply for the Bucks County Rangers yet?

Don’t look back!
              Last edited by Spartan75; 08-14-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Unsworn. Dont feel too bad I felt like I did horribly also especially with the non police employee. They are looking for you to think and not give answers that you would expect to give (IE cop answers). They are also looking for answers (according to an employee who works with my mom at Penn) that reflects your willingness to work within the community.

Dont fret. Keep your head up.

Comment

Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
                  I thought Penn told you to get lost CityTrashman?
                  They did again...LOL...

Comment

thanks for the words of encouragement guys. i would usually keep something like that to myself but i felt i did horrible and there was a thread for these interviews already. haha. any of you guys have your interview around 1000 hours? just curious to see if i ran into any of you fellas in the waiting area.

Comment

thanks for the words of encouragement guys. i would usually keep something like that to myself but i felt i did horrible and there was a thread for these interviews already. haha. any of you guys have your interview around 1000 hours? just curious to see if i ran into any of you fellas in the waiting area.
                      Mine was 3:00 pm...I had a Sgt. and a Lawyer from HR.
                      I think I did well..
                      But I said that on my last interview too, So God only knows now...

Keep your head up...It's just one of many interviews.

CTM
                      Last edited by CityTrashman; 08-16-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

anyone get word yet ?

Comment

U Penn Police

Does anyone have information on the U Penn Police as far as schedule, benefits, morale, different details and salary is concerned? I am assuming they don't have a pension system because they are a private school but I am not positive. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by cjstudent11 View Post
                            Does anyone have information on the U Penn Police as far as schedule, benefits, morale, different details and salary is concerned? I am assuming they don't have a pension system because they are a private school but I am not positive. Thanks in advance.

I think they work 5 on/2 off 8 hr days with the exception of summer. Morale is higher than Philly PD. Details, such as move in/ out of the dorms, Penn relay's etc. Yes they have a pension.

Also they DO NOT send to the academy.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I am actually certified in another state, I just never changed my screen name on the forum. Orlandofed do you have any idea what the salary is like? You also mentioned the schedule being 5/2 8 hour tours with the exception of summer, what do they work in the summer months? Thanks again for your reply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4671 users online. 306 members and 4365 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X