300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak Security Officer

These positions are promotable to Amtrak police officer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Officer (2) eff. 8/8/08 Remember
    Req. Number: 90032269
    Description: THE SAFETY OF OUR PASSENGERS, OUR EMPLOYEES, THE PUBLIC, AND OUR OPERATING ENVIRONMENT IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY!

POSITION: Security Officer
    DEPARTMENT: System Security & Safety
    RATE OF PAY: $29,386.00
    POSITION No.: 90032269

INTERNAL & EXTERNAL APPLICANTS

DUTIES: Amtrak security officers are responsible for maintaining a safe work environment. The incumbent establishes trust with management and fellow employees. Security Officers protect the assets of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation in areas of assigned responsibility. Additionally, the incumbent recognizes and reports unusual persons, circumstances and activities to the Amtrak Police Department.

EDUCATION: Must have a high school diploma or GED.

WORK EXPERIENCE: Must be a U.S. Citizen or have the right to work in the U.S. and be 18 years of age. Must be eligible for a valid driver's license and required prior to appointment. Prefer law enforcement or security work experience.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successfully pass written examination, job-related physical examination, and rigid background investigation, to include no conviction record for felonious crimes. One (1) year probationary period. Prior Satisfactory job performance required.

COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: English language fluency. Manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a high stress environment.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.

TRAVEL: None

**Traveling training excursions may be required**

CURRENT AMTRAK EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE A JOB OPPORTUNITY APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.

Hiring Range: $29,386.00 - $29,386.00
    Annually
    Last Date to Apply: 08/15/08
    Position Type: Permanent
    Job Category: Police Department
    Years of Experience: 2 - 5
    Travel Requirements: No Travel
    Relocation Benefits May Apply: No
    Classification Agreement: Yes
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

how firm do you think they are on that starting salary?

Comment

I went ahead and emailed the application in.

Comment

Its union negotiated. They will not negotiate on salary.

Comment

These jobs are not promotable to Police Officer and they get a 3.5% raise on October 1.

Comment

Originally posted by amsarge View Post
            These jobs are not promotable to Police Officer and they get a 3.5% raise on October 1.
            Not according to HR. They are eligble to test for promotion to police officer after 6 months of service.

Comment

did anyone hear anything yet?

i applied when i saw this posted...

Comment

I tried contact Phily HR about these positions but was unable to ascertain an answer. Are these able to promote in to a Amtrak Police position? I'm interested in applying if its possible, and submit my application for the P/O position at the same time (Another posting). Wait to see what happens.

Anymore information on the duties? Seems a slightly by vague but maybe thats all there.

Comment

LochRaven. I havent seen anyone hired or even contacted for these positions. I know they opened them up for Wilmington since it they are short handed.

As far as being promotable, you would have to spend some time in the position and then put in internally for police officer. Depending upon your work histroy, I know 2 security officers who were promoted less than a year after getting hired on.

If you put in for the P/O position in DC, you will need to re apply as they re advertised the position.

Comment

i still havent ehard anything either

i did call adn they said they were taking apps for amtrak police officer

pretty much ans sit and wait process

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Orlando.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4645 users online. 284 members and 4361 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X