300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Deleted, I was able to find the answer to my question elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ems111; 07-09-2021, 12:47 AM.

I did background investigations on applicants when I was a police officer with the Portland Police Bureau, but if you have a question, you can ask it here- I'm not having this conversation with you privately...

Comment

If you're trying to dig into why you were denied by OSP you need to move on man. It happens, I applied to Portland and Gresham and was told I can NEVER apply again. However many other departments took my BI packet no problem. I would be surprised if any current and/or former BI are going to give you tips/secrets/advice on your BI. Something you did in your past is sticking out. Quit digging, move on. Either keep applying or just give up. Not to sound harsh but I sat and thought the same thing you probably are. It is just how it is. The agency did not want you, theres tons of other departments looking for qualified applicants.

Good luck! Ems111

Comment

Another deleter...

Comment

Looks like this is what he was on about:

Originally posted by Ems111 View Post
          Just received my denial along with not being able to apply for future sworn positions with osp. Real shocker and I have no clue why. Best of luck to the rest still in!

Comment

Ems111, the answer to the question that you didn't ask, most often is dishonesty.

And unfortunately, that's probably not something that you're going to be able to overcome. You will never be able to work for OSP. Anyone else you apply with, is going to find out that you were permanently disqualified from OSP, and probably won't have any interest in you for the same reason.

Cops have to be able to testify in court, and you can't do that if you have a history of dishonesty.

Comment

Wasn’t about OSP or any specific agency. But as far as that goes I was upfront about everything so I’m not sure what it is they though I was being dishonest about if that’s the case and I’ll probably never know.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                They're not gonna tell you. Nobody will...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4546 users online. 306 members and 4240 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X