Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Oregon Departments use the Polygraph?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Oregon Departments use the Polygraph?

I've been looking at a few Oregon departments, including the OSP and don't see the Polygraph Examination listed in any of their hiring processes. What's up with that? I know, I hate taking a Polygraph as much as the next guy, but I'd almost rather go through it so they know I'm not a closet ax-murderer or something

Do any departments in Oregon Polygraph applicants? I noticed a specialty position with OSP is becoming a Polygraph Examiner.... Now I'm confused. So they Polygraph others, but aren't subject to the Poly themselves????

Any Oregon officers out there who can set me straight?

Many thanks....
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Just found out this week that Oregon departments are not allowed to use polygraph, within the department and for the hiring process. Has to do with the unions. Not sure how long it's going to stay this way though. I'm not an officer yet, but this information did come first hand from an officer.
    APD

POST- Passed
    ORPAT- Passed
    Oral Board- Passed
    Command Staff Interview- Passed
    Background- Working on it
    Psych- ??
    Physical- ??

Comment

10-4. After doing some research, I found that Oregon is one of five states that don't allow the Poly in employment situations. Apparently, however, due to recent unpleasant events in Eugene involving law officers with prior extensive criminal histories abusing their positions, a bill is in the Legislature to make it optional for law enforcement agencies to use the Poly. My information was from Jan/2007, so not sure what the status of the bill is now. Very interesting situation. I'd be interested to see a study done regarding undisclosed criminal conduct of officers that later becomes apparent after hire date compared to states that use Polys.
      He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
      -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      -- Hemingway

Comment

You looking to make the move from AZ to Oregon? I did in January and so far its been the best one I've made. No more Phoenix over 110 degree days. Good luck. Let me know if I can help out in anyway. Which agency did you work for?

Comment

Exactly. My info says that the union is afraid that if they allow the poly in employment situations it will soon find it's way into the department and previously hired officer could be subjected to it. Tricky business.
          APD

POST- Passed
          ORPAT- Passed
          Oral Board- Passed
          Command Staff Interview- Passed
          Background- Working on it
          Psych- ??
          Physical- ??

Comment

tolleson, check your PM
            -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3491 users online. 183 members and 3308 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X