Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ems111 Miller_Cash Fire_ems01 not sure why some departments in Oregon do this. I tested for Gresham, Portland Police, and Washington County Sheriff back in 2019. Washington County has accepted both my applications and I made it to backgrounds with them. However both Portland Police and Gresham sent me an email saying I would not be considered for the position or any future police positions with them. I think its just one of those you don't meet one or two of their criteria's and so they know they are not interested in you.

Yes it sounds strange, especially with how much departments are hurting for officers in general. I do know that they will never explain why you were disqualified. If they did that, then you would just tell your friend who is about to apply not to admit to the same things you did. Hiring process is about honesty and if they shared what their DQ's were then everyone would know to never admit to them.

All I can say is keep looking. Again Portland and Gresham told me never again. Washington County has accepted my backgrounds packets when applying with them. So keep applying and keep your head up, it is very frustrating but now you know it just was not meant to be with that specific agency. Everywhere else is hiring. Cast a wide net - local police, sheriff, southern Washington, etc.

Comment

• Miller_Cash
      Miller_Cash commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya each agency has their own methods and ways of going through this process. I tested with wsp already so will c how all that pans out. Adapt or die best way I can describe this situation! Overcome and move on or flip the page and do something else with ur life

• BelieveTheHype
      BelieveTheHype commented
      Editing a comment
      Miller_Cash good luck, they seem like a solid department. Gotten to chat with a few of them. I am up in the greater Seattle area. I hear working highway has its pros and cons.

• ajc1970
      ajc1970 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've read of quite a few applicants getting the lifetime ban from PPB and having no clue why.

I also noted some requirements on their top-level recruiting site, "You are not likely to be hired as a Portland Community Police Officer if: ... Personal/Professional life shows a lack of experience with people from racial backgrounds different from your own. ... Life activities (work, volunteer, hobbies) show little or no interest in serving the public or others."

I've been wondering when/where they check that requirement. This is complete speculation on my part, but I wonder if they a) check your PHS residential history for having lived in an urban area, b) check your social media for a diverse friend list, c) check your PHS references for a diverse list, d) check for volunteer work or past jobs that served a public good.

Now I'm wondering where I should have snuck in the volunteer work I've done... that's no where on my application.

Just an update. I have received a call about moving forward in the application process. I have command interview scheduled for Tuesday. I should find out the following week if I am getting a conditional job offer. I'm sorry to hear about you guys not moving forward and it's a bummer they didn't give you an explanation.

Comment

• Miller_Cash
      Miller_Cash commented
      Editing a comment
      My man!!! That’s amazing news! 1/5 made it through. We all rooting for u! Go make this world a better place.

• IRJohn
      IRJohn commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you! I also have a command interview on Tuesday. Good luck to you.

• Miller_Cash
      Miller_Cash commented
      Editing a comment
      keep us posted how the interview went? We still rooting for you guys!!!

etmotox IRJohn Congratulation! Best of luck to both of you! I revived an email back and was told my file has been reviewed and the decision will stand so sadly I’m out of luck forever with OSP. Sucks not to know why but I’ll keep trying other places.
    Last edited by Ems111; 03-26-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I just wanted to let you guys know that I accepted a conditional job offer for OSP. The start date for pre academy is June 23rd. Ems111 that is super weird and I still need to pass the psych and the medical. It sounds like the pre academy is going to be very physical demanding.

Comment

• ajc1970
        ajc1970 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

• Miller_Cash
        Miller_Cash commented
        Editing a comment
        Solid man! Make us proud my brotha!!!!

etmotox Congratulations!

Comment

Pre academy is physical demanding yet a lot of it is mental of course. Just make sure you study 12 codes and get your boots shin

Comment

I’ve been following this thread since the first post. I was selected into backgrounds then heard nothing... I figured Osp didn’t like something so much they wrote me off. On Thursday I got a call stating I was forgotten about, they never assigned a BI. Now I’m being put into backgrounds with this next class.. they are selecting the rest of the applicants middle of June.. This whole time I’ve been watching y’all move forward and I was kind of down about the situation.... Boom plot twist it’s back to the waiting game
          Last edited by TruetoNW; 04-20-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Miller_Cash
            Miller_Cash commented
            Editing a comment
            U got this man! Buckle up and jump through all the hoops! Best of luck to u

Anyone here a veteran?

Comment

• TG110896
            TG110896 commented
            Editing a comment
            What questions do you have in regards to it?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4137 users online. 259 members and 3878 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X