Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my email of moving forward about 4 weeks ago now. Have only heard from my BI once also. I know a couple of my references have been contact as well. Guess it's just a waiting game at this point. Does anyone know for sure how many made it through to BI phase?

Comment

• Fire_ems01
      Fire_ems01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Miller_cash next week will be 6 weeks for me. I've heard a lot of my references have been spoken to and now still waiting for my BI to contact me.

• Ems111
      Ems111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fire_ems01 so your still waiting to have the interview with the BI?

• Fire_ems01
      Fire_ems01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ems111, correct. I haven't had my interview yet.

• Ems111
      Ems111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fire_ems01 gotcha, hopefully soon!

Fire_ems01 I haven’t heard anything from my BI either since our interview about 4 weeks ago also, I was told academy might start June but that’s all I was told. I was never told how many made it though the BI phase or how many people they are seeking.

Comment

There were about 12 dudes in my orpat run. Looking at the website they had orpat scheduled ever week in November. From what i remember, one of the troopers, he said they looking for 30 new recruits. So im sure there's close to 30 new guys and gals going though this waiting game right now. Im going on my 5th week of last contact with my BI. Neighbors where contacted last week, so it seems like she's coming to the end of the BI questionnaire.
      Last edited by Miller_Cash; 02-15-2021, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Ems111
        Ems111 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same. I recently moved so I’m not sure if my old neighbors were contacted but I’m pretty sure all my references were contacted.

http://www.n7dda.com/osp12.html

12 codes that we will have to learn and disposition codes.

​​​​​​If you have an Iphone there is a great app I use called brainscape that is a flashcard app. Really helpful for learning 12 code. the app already has osp 12 code flashcards.
      Last edited by Miller_Cash; 02-15-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Reading old posts and threads on here, it seems like OSP BI work in 6 week cycles. That makes more sense now that most of my BI packet have been contacted and neighbors just as we’re reaching 5-6 weeks! Best of luck to you boys! Would love to stay in touch.

Comment

• Ems111
          Ems111 commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense! And we should for sure! Hopefully we all hear good news!

Where is everyone's BI based out of? What type of BI do you have?

Comment

• Miller_Cash
          Miller_Cash commented
          Editing a comment
          My BI is from Ontario Oregon. I have a pretty normal BI, few jobs and moved few times too. I do have a lot of brothers and sisters tho, 11 total. Not all of them where contacted yet.

• Ems111
          Ems111 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think my is out of Salem. Mine isn’t much. One sister, only moved 3 times, 3 past full jobs with my last being EMS and current in an emergency room. I also have a part time job in an ambulance. Only have one sister.

• ajc1970
          ajc1970 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just lurking, I didn't apply OSP.

I envy you guys... I had 25 residences since my 15th birthday, 6 colleges, and 14 jobs (3 of them from my teenage years I missed and now need to embarrassingly correct). My PPB PHQ was 62 pages and my WCSO was only a little shorter.

Good luck to you all.

BI submitting my packet tomorrow! Finally I’m at the end of this 6week wait. Although there’s some training review that I guess will be using my packet for that. So she said I still have some time to wait.

Comment

• etmotox
          etmotox commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome man, I haven't heard anything from my BI in a long time. Hopefully I will still move forward. Did she tell you how much longer until you hear again? Did she say that you are moving forward?

• Ems111
          Ems111 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! etmotox I haven’t heard from mine either since the day of the interview. All I was told after the interview via text was that from what she knows academy would be in June. I talked with a trooper where I work and he said I probably won’t hear from her again and that no news is good news for now.

I texted her a few days ago and she got back to me this morning with the info. She says once she turns in the BI the next phase is done by someone else. Not sure exactly on what all happens but I thing there’s a panel of troopers who comb through the packets and vote ah or nah? And I’ll be contacted by the next guy or gal in the hiring process to move forward or get kicked off the train.

Comment

• Curtis23
          Curtis23 commented
          Editing a comment
          My BI submitted my packet Jan 22 2019 and I heard back February 23rd 2019

Curtis23 did you read over our thread? Did all the evens happen to you during the BI process too? When did you apply or submit ur application and run the orpat? What’s next for you? How long did ur BI take?

Comment

• Curtis23
          Curtis23 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's all good signs. References being contacted is a wonderful thing.

Applied October 2019, submitted NTN scores., ORPAT/CPI Oct 13 2019. no interview. Background selection November 6th, interview with trooper at house November 10ish. No word until February with a denial letter.

My investigator didn't contact any of my references, employers, family members. Seems I got a hard credit check and my ex wife got a call then bam. So all is good with time flowing by.

• Miller_Cash
          Miller_Cash commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that sucks balls! Sry to hear that ur ex nuked it before it even began.

• Curtis23
          Curtis23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, definitely serves as an example to always.document.everything. maybe I'll get a BI that does a full investigated at least time lol just gotta keep applying.

Just wanted to post an update. It looks like my references are being contacted now by my BI. I'm glad things are moving forward.

Comment

• Ems111
          Ems111 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! I haven't heard from my BI since our interview on Jan. 22nd.

• Miller_Cash
          Miller_Cash commented
          Editing a comment
          Im sure they moving along, we are just so eager to know where we stand. My BI did not speak to my parents and 5 of my other siblings (i have 11 total). She did talk to co-workers and asked references from them too. I had guys contact me that i have not worked with in over 10 years and they told me she spoke to them.
          Im sure we will hear an answer soon as June is approaching fast and maybe they going to squeeze pre-academy in there before June dpsst academy starts? Or maybe the pre-academy is in June?

• Ems111
          Ems111 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I was thinking also, when my BI told me from what she knows academy might be in June, I don't know if she meant pre academy or dpsst. I should have asked.

Just saw OSP is having another recruitment April 1st

Comment

• Miller_Cash
          Miller_Cash commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m more then positive that we got over the biggest hurdle. As long as we pass psychological eval and medical. Thinking it's a mater of days before we hear from ops about moving on to next step.
          Last edited by Miller_Cash; 03-16-2021, 12:03 AM.

• Ems111
          Ems111 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have any of you ever been to a command interview? This is only my second time ever applying.

• Miller_Cash
          Miller_Cash commented
          Editing a comment
          This is my second time applying sigh OSP as well. First time I dident get past the push-ups. From what I hear from blogs and ppl who completed the process, they said if u get this far then it’s a cake walk. Command interview is to tie the know and get job offer. Some guys said it was few minutes and others said it lasted up to 45 min.

• Ems111
          Ems111 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s definitely good to hear! I was only told that academy might be in June. I have heard from other troopers that the number of people applying is lower than normal due to events happening around the U.S so it’s possible they didn’t have enough potential applicants for a full class.

I met with my BI this weekend. I asked him about a timeline and he told me he didn't really know. He said there is an academy in June and they told him they want my background to be completed fast. I tried to get more info, but he wasn't giving anything up. He did tell me my background will be complete by the end of this week and I should hear if I am moving forward by mid April. I assume next is interviews and psych and medical as fast as possible. He did mention there is an interview with a lieutenant and then a separate interview with a panel. I'm not sure if that's new. Has anyone heard of an interview with LT and then a separate one with command staff?

Comment

• Miller_Cash
          Miller_Cash commented
          Editing a comment
          My BI mentioned that they changed the order around a few times already. So it seems like they trying to push ppl though fast enough to build a good list for the academy. She said that when she did her testing she had the LT interview first then months later had the panel interview. Looks like in our time they switched that around ? That’s exciting news for u tho.. The ice has shifted and started moving down River

Just received an email that I am not moving on to the next step. Have a year before u can reapply . C you guys in a year from now. Best of luck to you guys and be safe out there .

Comment

• etmotox
          etmotox commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the update and just imagine all the other people who didn't make it this far. Thanks for the well wishes and hopefully everything works out this year for us and next year for you.

• Miller_Cash
          Miller_Cash commented
          Editing a comment
          It is what it is. Not butt hurt at all. Already scheduled a written and physical test for Washington state police. Keep me posted with the fallowing process

• Fire_ems01
          Fire_ems01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Miller_Cash I also received my email of being denied today. Like you said, it is what it is. Hope everyone else the best of luck!

Just received my denial along with not being able to apply for future sworn positions with osp. Real shocker and I have no clue why. Best of luck to the rest still in!

Comment

Wow I’m surprised you guys are getting denied...

Comment

• Ems111
            Ems111 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. I’m still trying to figure out why I can’t apply for any future sworn positions.

• Miller_Cash
            Miller_Cash commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya very interesting method or way they have to denying and disqualify candidates! Kinda a toxic policy if you think about it? All for ppl applying and then left out to dry with no explanation or guidance.
            Well in a lighter note I tested with WSP today and looking forward to getting on with them. They have a very fast hiring process, 8 weeks start to finish. From the test date to poly is about 2 weeks!! Will see how this pans out. God bless u guys, was a fun Journey these past 4 months.

• Ems111
            Ems111 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah exactly, I thought about WSP. Best of luck to you, I hope it works out! I know someone who works there and he talks highly of them!
            Last edited by Ems111; 03-23-2021, 04:01 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6459 users online. 377 members and 6082 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X