Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha! I’m pretty sure we tested on the same date!

Comment

Stumbled across the state of Oregon budget for 2021-2023. Good read and shows the direction OSP is moving towards.https://www.oregon.gov/osp/Docs/21-2...B%20Patrol.pdf

Comment

Hoping for the best!

Comment

That's a lot of good information. Thanks! I hope my background will also be complete by the Feb 28th, but since I haven't been contacted, I bet mine won't be completed until later. Ems111 , has anyone you know been contacted yet? A June start date would be great!!

Comment

I believe she said pre academy was June and actual academy was July. Will see how this all plays out with covid and all them closures. Hope they wake up faster and get open Oregon back up all the way.

Comment

etmotox I’m pretty sure my BI has contacted all my references and most of the references given by them. As far as what else there is left I have no clue. I was contacted only like 2-3 weeks after I got the email.

Comment

Miller_Cash yeah hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

I just received a call from my BI asking for some additional documents. Have you had to provide any additional documents? He said he just received my packet and I should hear back from him in a couple weeks. Do you guys have any updates yet?

Comment

I was asked to provide additional documents as my BI went through the packet such as license plate number, coworkers numbers etc. After the interview my BI asked a quick question but have not heard anything since and that was 12 days ago. Trying to be patient but this wait has my mind all over the place!

Comment

Ya i was asked small fallow up questions here and there. Nothing crazy that would worry me. had to change a section on my BI that was a typo on my end, fixed it and sent it back to her. My family tells me that she's been calling them and old co workers reached out to me saying she's been talking to them. I figured she works 4/10's so she's off mon-wed, and works thursday - sunday. thats when i get most response from my contacts and old co workers. I have a very large family and still haven't heard back from 4 of my brothers and sisters and my parents. She did talk to my mother and father in-law.

Comment

Still waiting......

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn’t make it to background this time. I don’t think I did too well at the initial interview. Have y’all got any tips? I’m only interested in OSP as my wife and kids and I are moving to Oregon this summer.

Comment

Oh man thats to bad, never a good feeling getting a rejection. This is my 7th time applying over the last 10 years. so dont feel to bad. What helped me was i had a few buddies who where cops and we did mock drills together. I would study the osp website learn their verbiage and key phases from the website. Like their mission statements and core values. https://www.oregon.gov/osp/about/Pages/aboutusosp.aspx . We would do mock interviews over and over they would ask different questions every-time. Even use video in some interviews.

Use that verbiage in your interview those key words will trigger the right response from the osp. It will show ur not just learning it and repeating it verbatim but using it in a sentence and applying it your life.

Theres some good videos that 401 dude does on youtube on what to expect from the oral board.

Also go do ride alongs with any agency that will take you. ask questions all night long, get as much exposer to that life as possible. read blogs and tips on how to score good and what key words to look for during the interviews.
                              Last edited by Miller_Cash; 02-10-2021, 08:44 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

I haven't heard anything new from my BI. As far as advice, I would say about the same as Miller_Cash. Make sure you do your research on the agency and how the values have applied to you or you want to apply in your life. Make sure you keep your answers short and to the point. Try not to ramble and make sure to get your point across.
                                I am no expert and have also applied to more than one agency more than a couple times. Don't be discouraged and if this is something your really want, then keep going after it. Ride alongs are great if you can do them!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6420 users online. 373 members and 6047 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X