300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statewide hiring

It seems like every post on this page is regarding OSP or Portland. Virtually every agency in the state is hiring, or has had a hiring process in the last year and will again soon. I get it if your heart is set on OSP or PPB, but have you considered applying to other "small" agencies? Cities and counties like Ashland, Beaverton, Bend, Corvallis, Deschutes, Eugene, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Lane and Linn, Newport,and other Portland satellite cities/towns/counties can't seem to hire enough. There are a lot more that I haven't mentioned.

I get it it your're a lateral, but if you're entry level, my suggestion would be to get on where you can, get DPSST certified, and put in a few good years. Then, start putting in for your "dream job". Going back to my comment about virtually every agency hiring, good laterals seem to be in demand and that won't change anytime soon. In addition to in-state laterals, a lot of laterals from out of state are coming here so you need to be competitive.

Just my two cents.

Might want to avoid the Grant County SO....

https://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...makes_his.html
    Convictions, in the end, they can be dangerous. But a world without them is just kind of an awful, gray, amorphous mass.

-Bono

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5062 users online. 206 members and 4856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X