300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June OSP recruit Hopefuls

Hey, I know there is a 2019 Hopefuls/in process thread...but I want to keep up with those applying in this round of recruitment. I just applied and I'm going to Salem on the 30th for testing and I take the NTN the 17th. Anyone else out there with me?

How did everything go? I went on the 22nd and I'm currently waiting for the Background to start which I think is the 13th

Comment

• Robinon
      Robinon commented
      Editing a comment
      I was there on the 22nd also...did you do ORPAT that day? Have you heard anything from a background Investigator yet?

Also did testing on June 30. Currently waiting to hear back about how that went and waiting to start backgrounds.

Comment

• Robinon
      Robinon commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also waiting to hear from the Background Investigator...did you hear anything yet?

• Blueline682
      Blueline682 commented
      Editing a comment
      Heard from my investigator on the 24th. We are starting things up in a couple weeks or so once he’s back from vacation.

• TG110896
      TG110896 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you turn your personal questionnaire packet in and what area of the state are you from?

I turned my personal history packet in yesterday.

Comment

• Robinon
      Robinon commented
      Editing a comment
      What day were you there for testing/communication test?

• TG110896
      TG110896 commented
      Editing a comment
      What worksites did you put in for?

• Robinon
      Robinon commented
      Editing a comment
      I put in for Central Point, Grants Pass and Klamath Falls. Where did you put in for?

July 12th is when I went up. I believe they will wait until all applicants turn in background packets and get results from the pre psych test before they move on to choosing people for background checks.

Comment

• Robinon
      Robinon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that questionnaire took forever, it was a lot of questions. And I didn't expect the comm. Assessment to be anything like it was either. I thought it would be much more formal. I'm not sure I got through though, because I submitted by background pa let with the same timeline as the June 30th applicatants. Because that's when I took my pre-psych. Eval. And it seems like that group of people have heard from their BI's. But I'm not sure because I re-took ORPAT July 12th.
      Where are you in your process? I hope it goes well for you!

• TG110896
      TG110896 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was informed you would get an email from HR if you passed or vice versa. With you Taking the ORPAT on The 12th that could have definitely dropped your application back further in line. So I would just continue the waiting game. I emailed the recruiter and she said that they are waiting for my risk assessment to see if I’m moving to backgrounds. I would encourage you to email the recruiter as well to see what your application status is.

• Robinon
      Robinon commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I was thinking but I just got rejected from a different department, they use the same B.I.'s so that really stressed me out for the possibility of this job. I did email the recruiter yesterday to get an idea of where I am in the process and I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully I will soon. Wishing you the best of luck

• TG110896
      TG110896 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any updates for you? On August 06, I was emailed a response from HR that I was to expect a call from a BI and that it could take up to six-eight weeks to get a call from the BI.

My BI just came to my house for 3.5 hours and went over my packet. She said the deadline to turn in papers is 10/1
    Last edited by jgonz; 08-22-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• TG110896
      TG110896 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. I’m meeting with my BI today! Good luck to you.

I met with BI for 2 hrs today. I think it went well.

Comment

Thats awesome! Now it’s just the waiting game

Comment

Yup. I saw an official email from the Deputy Superintendent that stated there was 151 applicants that completed the steps 1-5. It is unknown how many of that 151 that were sent to backgrounds. They are seeking a 40 person class though. I believe the email stated there will be another hiring cycle starting next month.
        1. Pass the NTN Frontline Law Enforcement Exam
        2. Complete an OSP Online Application through Government Jobs.com
        3. Pass the ORPAT
        4. Complete the Pre-Psychological Risk Assessment (CPI)
        5. Participate in an OSP Communication Assessment
        6. If an applicant is selected based on their scores, a Background Investigation will be conducted
        7. Participate in a Command Interview
        8. Conditional Job Offer of Employment
        9. Post-Offer Psychological Evaluation & Medical Screening
        10. Appointment to Recruit Trooper

Comment

I hope I can make it to step 7 haha. One step at a time

Comment

• TG110896
            TG110896 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yessur! What area of the state you from?

I’m actually from Boise,Idaho. Hoping to get Ontario area if hired. What about you?

Comment

I am from the Medford area. I hope to get on with the Central Point or Grants Pass worksite.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7733 users online. 374 members and 7359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X