300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing for jobs in OR?

Is there a central website for OR agencies to announce they are hiring? I know Washington has one through their CJTC but haven't found one for Oregon, so thought I'd ask

I am not allowed to paste links until 100 posts on here so ill explain.

Google "State of Oregon LEDS". Then click on weekly job openings for govt law enforcement positions. I know all agencies don't post on there but many do.

Comment

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...tH0/edit?pli=1
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Also check oregonlive.com There are quit a few posted, but most of them closed. I know Albany just pushed back their closing date for Police Officer.

Comment

www.oregon.gov/OSP/CJIS

Select weekly job openings on the left hand side.

Another way to do it is look at a map of Oregon cities and go to their individual websites. The OSP website might not be updated, the entry might be short notice or some agencies just might not post it on there. In the past year I've seen 5-10 agencies hiring who never put it on the OSP website.

Comment

Tracking openings in Oregon

There are a few sites, governmentjobs.com and the Oregon employment department.
            I found the best way is to go to each department's website and check. Sometimes the hiring status is on the police/sheriff website, other times it is on the city/county's HR department site.

I ended up making a (really) big excel sheet with just about every department in the state, and each city/county name has a hyperlink to the hiring page. I have other information on there to assist me in keeping track of them as well. In order:

Region code, distance/time from nearest school, name of county, name of city, status in application, reserve information and general comments.

I try to update it every so often. If you want the file, PM me.

Capture.jpg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4808 users online. 268 members and 4540 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X