300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from Texas

This is a duplicate post and I can't figure out how to delete....aaarrrggghhh!!!

Hello,

Moving to Grants Pass/Medford/Ashland area next summer. About to attend a self-sponsored basic peace officer academy in Austin, Texas. If I read correctly, there are no self-sponsored options in Oregon.

Would like to hear from someone who moved to Oregon with either a Texas or another state's certification. I understand there is a 40 hour preparation course to take before submitting your application. A review/comparison is made of the content of the academy graduated from against the Oregon standards and...the rest I'm not sure about.

I am concerned about the possibility of not meeting the Oregon standards and not being able to take the 40 hour class and use the Texas certification.

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice or experience with this.

RelentlessTexan
    Last edited by RelentlessTexan; 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Contact the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training. Certifications and Standards office #503-378-2100.

Comment

If you have not been actually hired by an agency, with no actual law enforcement experience, Oregon agencies considers you entry level. However, if you have time as a hired officer you will take a two week course online that gets you up to date on Oregon laws and regulations. That is what I have heard through my department, since we get alot of laterals. Grants Pass and Medford have great departments. But it might still be a good idea to contact departments and DPSST, because they will clarify if you get lateral experience points and about your cert. Good luck.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4176 users online. 192 members and 3984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
      X