300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSP in January

I just got an invitation to interview for a position in Salem. Academy to begin January 2nd. Anyone else out there?

Congrats man. I see you're from Philly why the long move. Just curious

Comment

My wife's people are from out that way.

Comment

I am also from Philly and applied for lateral, I am scheduled for PT and written early next year.

Comment

I am interviewing on Nov. 19th for OSP. Was told that I have a shot of the January academy as well. When is your interview?
          What poisen is to food, self-pity is to life. - Oliver C. Wilson

Comment

Interview is early on the 17th. I am still up in the air on PSP v. OSP. PSP pension is better and sooner, plus they offer federal service time buybacks. I heard rumors of a PSP late January Academy.

Originally posted by saredin View Post
            I am interviewing on Nov. 19th for OSP. Was told that I have a shot of the January academy as well. When is your interview?

Comment

Rumors are not facts as you may already know so I'd stick with osp for now if I was you but you know better

Comment

SteadyEddie and Saredin When did you take the entry level testing....?
                Last edited by quidkid; 11-10-2009, 08:24 AM. Reason: more to add

Comment

I must have tested last Summer. I had an opportunity to go to the September Academy, but I deferred.

Comment

I actually did the entry level testing last Feb. I am scheduled for my Board interview on the 18th, I can't wait... Do you know the exact date of the next pre-academy?

Comment

I tested in Sept. My oral board is next week. It's crazy fast, I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by quidkid View Post
                        I actually did the entry level testing last Feb. I am scheduled for my Board interview on the 18th, I can't wait... Do you know the exact date of the next pre-academy?
                        Hey quidkid,
                        Do I know you? Is your name Matt by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyEddie View Post
                          Interview is early on the 17th. I am still up in the air on PSP v. OSP. PSP pension is better and sooner, plus they offer federal service time buybacks. I heard rumors of a PSP late January Academy.
                          Mine is early on the 17th as well. You might see me...I'm a girl, and I'm small.lol. Well, best of luck to you! I'm not looking to be in the Portland area so I'm no competition to you.

Comment

Nope, it's not Matt... Are you a lateral transfer? Maybe that's why it's moving so fast, otherwise I don't even see how it's possible to get everything done in 2 mnths... That would be great if we were all three in the next pre-academy together... Let's keep each other updated on here...

Comment

Originally posted by quidkid View Post
                              Nope, it's not Matt... Are you a lateral transfer? Maybe that's why it's moving so fast, otherwise I don't even see how it's possible to get everything done in 2 mnths... That would be great if we were all three in the next pre-academy together... Let's keep each other updated on here...
                              Nope, not a lateral. In fact, I have no law enforcement experience whatsoever. I have only graduated high school, so I don't bring any college degrees to the table either. The only reason that I can think of for moving me through so fast is that I am female and a minority (Federally recognized Native American). But that's it...well and my background is pretty squeaky clean. You're guess is as good as mine at this point. I will do the best I can in my oral board but I'm not getting my hopes up for the January academy...it doesn't seem possible.

Yes, it would be great if we were all in the academy together!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2908 users online. 156 members and 2752 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X