300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Cert

I am post certified in Colorado and work for a SO. What is the process for getting certified in Oregon.

basic hours

I am also currently looking at moving to OR. The acedemy is 16 weeks or 400 hrs. I am a Officer in GA. My academy was 408 hrs. I was told I should have no problem latereling over and not going to their basic academy. You will have to go through two weeks of OR law. My brother-in-law just latereled from GA to a city in Washington state and he doesn't have to go to an academy either. You will have to send your transcripts from your academy so they can compare classes they give and the ones you took. Also a person at the city in OR I aplied for told me she has never seen a officer from another state have to go through OR basic academy. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks alot guys, my academy was 776 hours so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Comment

Co Cop,

Macon 138 almost nails it for our department in Portland. You would need a 2 week class which is run by the state. Then we have an additional 14 week advanced academy for all our officers including laterals which is in Portland. We are going to have an open and continuous list for laterals in the near future. We welcome all lateral and entry level applicants. Our website is www.joinportlandpolice.com I hope this helps.

Duane

Comment

I was some what incorrect.

coincop was right it is 640 hrs. DPSST looks at a case by case basis. You will also recieve 80 hrs of training which would help if you have less then 640 hrs. Also it depends on how long you have been an officer and how long you have stayed with one dept.

Comment

State of Oregon has certain training standards and I know Dpsst lists each state and the training requirements of those states as how they compare to Oregon's.
            Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Caspertoo, do you know where I can find this list.

Comment

That I have no idea, I'm not sure it a public info list. I know that guys that came up here after katrina as laterals had to have the entire state academy, which at the time was 10 weeks, and would now be 16. My best advise would be to go to the DPSST website, send an email to them. They are actually organized well and should respond, or just call them.
                Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Yeah I am good on the hours, 776 in academy and at least 150 in-Service.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5370 users online. 307 members and 5063 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X