Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CragCrawler
    replied
    I hope they call soon...I got laid off yesterday. Tick...tock...tick...tock...
    Last edited by CragCrawler; 10-18-2008, 02:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• TRP310
    replied
    I just got hired and am reporting to the preacademy in a week. The whole process takes a long time. Your BI has to take a microscope to you and then write a report basically summarizing his/her findings. The BI then makes a recommendation. It gets sent back to Salem and waits for the next selection board. Here they look at all of the applicants and decide who they want. After that you will get a call saying yes or no. If yes you go to an interview. 8 of 10 times you will get a conditional offer. They set you up with a academy date and set up a psych/ physical date. If you pass the psych and physical you're good to go. It took about 1 1/2 months from the background to the board. So my advice to you is patience. It sucks. Trust me I know.

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by drew73 View Post
    Hows it going gentlemen? I started the process back in March and had my BI interview the second week of September. Im an out of state applicant and was informed by my BI recently that my investigation will be a while and that the process has become far more competative. Perhaps because im an out of state applicant my process is a lot more difficult, but thats my story thus far. Any new word from anyone else?
    My BI is done. I am just waiting for the phone call.

Leave a comment:

• drew73
    replied
    OSP Candidate

Hows it going gentlemen? I started the process back in March and had my BI interview the second week of September. Im an out of state applicant and was informed by my BI recently that my investigation will be a while and that the process has become far more competative. Perhaps because im an out of state applicant my process is a lot more difficult, but thats my story thus far. Any new word from anyone else?
    Last edited by drew73; 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    A call soon would be nice. It's been a few weeks since I saw the BI. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• Marine67
    replied
    Crag-
    Had my B/I investigation interview last night, I think it went very well. In regards to your question I can only provide this...
    The investigator said that there is an academy in January and one in March. She said that she is pretty sure that January is full but not 100% sure. She also said that they are considering batching Marches academy and the late spring academy into one large class. So off that information I would expect that if selected you should be getting a call soon.

Marine67

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    Does anyone know how soon after they finish the BI that they call you to have you head over and do psych, medical, and interview?

Leave a comment:

• Marine67
    replied
    Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
    I opted to wait and see what happens. Hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Good luck in the interview.
    Well I hope it works out for you, I also would prefer OSP, but I may need to decide on WCSD if selected in Dec. as their Academy date is Jan. 6th. You sound to be in the same OSP group as I, which I was told academy date would be late spring/early summer start date. I imagine that selections would have to be made by late march.

So did you have to do an essay? I want to be prepared, any info would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    I opted to wait and see what happens. Hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Good luck in the interview.

Leave a comment:

• Marine67
    replied
    So what was your essay question? I meet with the BI next Wednesday, I also face a similar potential decision to make with OSP and Wa. Co. Sheriffs Dept.
    Funny how they all hit about the same time. Gut tells me go with the first offer, cause you never know......

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    Well I had the interview and it went well. I just wish I could predict the future so that I can make the right decision. Go with the county department that is offering or wait and see what happens with OSP, the department that I really want.

Hmmmmmm.......

Leave a comment:

• Bomb_Tech
    replied
    Weird I had the exact same thing happen to me. OSP called a few weeks ago to schedule my final interview and a few hours later the Forest Service called offering me an LEO job. I thought about it till Monday and took the LEO job with the Forest Service. Funny how these things work out

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomb_Tech View Post
    I don't know if it is or not, so I will shy on the side of it is not. It is really easy and just be honest about it. If your BI is a guy named Brian he is a real straight forward guy and he makes sure to answer any questions you might have and he is very thorough with his investigation.
    That's cool. His name is not Brian.

On a side note I received a Job offer today from a county department here in Washington. I would rather work for OSP, but at the same time I don't want to give up a job offer. Geesh, I knew something like this would happen.

Leave a comment:

• Bomb_Tech
    replied
    I don't know if it is or not, so I will shy on the side of it is not. It is really easy and just be honest about it. If your BI is a guy named Brian he is a real straight forward guy and he makes sure to answer any questions you might have and he is very thorough with his investigation.

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomb_Tech View Post
    After that the interview starts and at the very end you have to write an essay.
    Wow, as if the "plethora" of essays you wrote for the background packet wasn't enough . Can you tell me what the essay is about? or is that off-limits for asking?

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5323 users online. 309 members and 5014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X