300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSP BI Interview

Well I have an interview with the BI tomorrow. He mentioned it would be about 3 hours. Any one have any experiences with what it is like during the interview? I don't have much in my background so I can't imagine what will take up all of three hours.

Wish me luck!

3 hours sounds about right. Mine took that long because he has you go over all of your paper work again and initial and date every page. Then he has you fill out several pages of yes or no question covering different illegal acts etc. After that the interview starts and at the very end you have to write an essay. That is how it went for me but I am assuming it will go very similar for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomb_Tech View Post
      After that the interview starts and at the very end you have to write an essay.
      Wow, as if the "plethora" of essays you wrote for the background packet wasn't enough . Can you tell me what the essay is about? or is that off-limits for asking?

Thanks again!

Comment

I don't know if it is or not, so I will shy on the side of it is not. It is really easy and just be honest about it. If your BI is a guy named Brian he is a real straight forward guy and he makes sure to answer any questions you might have and he is very thorough with his investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomb_Tech View Post
          I don't know if it is or not, so I will shy on the side of it is not. It is really easy and just be honest about it. If your BI is a guy named Brian he is a real straight forward guy and he makes sure to answer any questions you might have and he is very thorough with his investigation.
          That's cool. His name is not Brian.

On a side note I received a Job offer today from a county department here in Washington. I would rather work for OSP, but at the same time I don't want to give up a job offer. Geesh, I knew something like this would happen.

Comment

Weird I had the exact same thing happen to me. OSP called a few weeks ago to schedule my final interview and a few hours later the Forest Service called offering me an LEO job. I thought about it till Monday and took the LEO job with the Forest Service. Funny how these things work out

Comment

Well I had the interview and it went well. I just wish I could predict the future so that I can make the right decision. Go with the county department that is offering or wait and see what happens with OSP, the department that I really want.

Hmmmmmm.......

Comment

So what was your essay question? I meet with the BI next Wednesday, I also face a similar potential decision to make with OSP and Wa. Co. Sheriffs Dept.
                Funny how they all hit about the same time. Gut tells me go with the first offer, cause you never know......
                The cuffs are tight because they're new, they'll stretch out after you wear them awhile.

Comment

I opted to wait and see what happens. Hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Good luck in the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
                    I opted to wait and see what happens. Hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Good luck in the interview.
                    Well I hope it works out for you, I also would prefer OSP, but I may need to decide on WCSD if selected in Dec. as their Academy date is Jan. 6th. You sound to be in the same OSP group as I, which I was told academy date would be late spring/early summer start date. I imagine that selections would have to be made by late march.

So did you have to do an essay? I want to be prepared, any info would be appreciated.
                    The cuffs are tight because they're new, they'll stretch out after you wear them awhile.

Comment

Does anyone know how soon after they finish the BI that they call you to have you head over and do psych, medical, and interview?

Comment

Crag-
                        Had my B/I investigation interview last night, I think it went very well. In regards to your question I can only provide this...
                        The investigator said that there is an academy in January and one in March. She said that she is pretty sure that January is full but not 100% sure. She also said that they are considering batching Marches academy and the late spring academy into one large class. So off that information I would expect that if selected you should be getting a call soon.

Marine67

Comment

A call soon would be nice. It's been a few weeks since I saw the BI. Thanks for the info!

Comment

OSP Candidate

Hows it going gentlemen? I started the process back in March and had my BI interview the second week of September. Im an out of state applicant and was informed by my BI recently that my investigation will be a while and that the process has become far more competative. Perhaps because im an out of state applicant my process is a lot more difficult, but thats my story thus far. Any new word from anyone else?
                            Last edited by drew73; 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drew73 View Post
                              Hows it going gentlemen? I started the process back in March and had my BI interview the second week of September. Im an out of state applicant and was informed by my BI recently that my investigation will be a while and that the process has become far more competative. Perhaps because im an out of state applicant my process is a lot more difficult, but thats my story thus far. Any new word from anyone else?
                              My BI is done. I am just waiting for the phone call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3499 users online. 182 members and 3317 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X