300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state lateral

anyone know if there are any departments that are out of state lateral friendly?

Broken Arrow PD. We recently hired two from California, two from Kansas and one from Tulsa.

Comment

Thanks, do you know what is involved as far as getting our post converted into an ok. post?

Comment

Hi, during a recent interview I was told that coming from CO I would have to take the legal block and firearms. As I understand it depends on your state's certification requirements and how it compares to OK.

See this link to CLEET:
        http://www.cleet.state.ok.us/Reciprocity.htm
        Last edited by myevilalterego; 08-06-2008, 07:56 AM. Reason: spell
        I don't think it's nice you laughing. You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Comment

Yes, legal block and firearms. We are starting an academy next week and are currently under a hiring freeze. It's projected that the freeze will be on until December and we usually test in early spring. There are a lot of good departments in Oklahoma so shop around and find the one that suits you best. I'm not sure how many do laterals though.

Comment

Most departments except your large departments will do lateral transfers the bigger departments that do their own academy will require you to go through it
            Lawdog TCSO
            In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
            well daisy if you do

Comment

Well I guess I failed to mention that. Yep, gotta go thru our academy and FTO program.

Comment

hey cap what department are you with
                Lawdog TCSO
                In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
                well daisy if you do

Comment

Did the academy thing 18 years ago, looking for a different route.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog30 View Post
                    hey cap what department are you with

Originally posted by cap'n104 View Post
                    Broken Arrow PD. We recently hired two from California, two from Kansas and one from Tulsa.
                    -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
                      Did the academy thing 18 years ago, looking for a different route.
                      Can't say I blame you. There are many departments that don't have their own academy that would probably hire an officer from out of state as long as the criminal law and firearms requirements were satisfied. Any guy's on here from the OKC metro area? Don't some of your departments do laterals?

Comment

Originally posted by cap'n104 View Post
                        Can't say I blame you. There are many departments that don't have their own academy that would probably hire an officer from out of state as long as the criminal law and firearms requirements were satisfied. Any guy's on here from the OKC metro area? Don't some of your departments do laterals?
                        I would say basically any departments in the Metro with the exception of Edmond, Norman and Oklahoma City (and obviously OHP.)
                        sigpic

Comment

I think no matter what you still have to go through CLEET for legal and firearms course. IF you go to OCPD that will be the only Academy you will have to go here in the metro area.

You might try OSBI they might grant you a lateral transfer.

Edmond does not have there own Academy they send all there guys through CLEET as well.

http://www.cleet.state.ok.us/Reciprocity.htm
                          Last edited by Oklahoma_Lawman; 08-07-2008, 12:21 PM. Reason: just cause
                          BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN OKLAHOMA, CONTACT ME @ 405-823-7330 CHRIS & JEN WITH COLDWELL BANKER, SELECT

Comment

Edmond is starting their own academy next year.
                            OKCPD, OHP, and Norman PD also have their own academy that EVERYONE must attend.
                            Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by flhtbill View Post
                              Edmond is starting their own academy next year.
                              What he said, no new officers will be hired before the academy is in place thus no more officers will attend CLEET in Ada. The academy will be mandatory regardless of experience.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5390 users online. 346 members and 5044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X