300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moore PD

Hey Guys. so i take the PT for Moore on august 23rd at 0730.

any help from the LEOs to a Former DO looking to get out? and yes... i am busting my ***** to get ready for the test.
    LITANY AGAINST FEAR
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

My UKE will Kick your ***! - Deputy Ruegge to a new cadet, after the cadet gave me a go to hell look...

I'm not an LEO, but when I talked to Moore's recruiter he said to focus on the run. IIRC that is the only thing that is scored, so do the minimum on the situps/pushups. Also remember that there is $15 fee to take the written test.
    Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

The 4 PT events (1.5 mils run, 1-minute situps, pushups, sit & reach) are all pass/fail.

Comment

So, did anyone make it through the testing day? How many showed up?
        Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

I'll take the Moore PAT 100 times for every time I take the one for OCPD. My 1.5 mile run was almost 3 minutes faster with Moore. That 300 meter being 1st for OC really does drain you. I tried to count how many showed up, seemed to be around 80 or so. I think about 45-50 showed up for the written.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Looks like pay certainly attracts alot of people even if it cost $15 a person.

I too experienced the "drain" of that 300 meter but it's amazing how much faster you do it running "against" eleven other people.

Comment

Just curious if anyone here is still in the running with Moore?

Comment

Looks like Moore is having another testing session on the 20th of November. Also, they have now added the 300 meter sprint to the physical agility test. Look on the Cleet webpage for more info.

Comment

Moore, Oklahoma Police Department

The Moore Police Department intends to fill several police officer positions, and is seeking applicants at this time. Requirements are that you be between the ages of 21 and 45, have a high school diploma, and able to pass a physical agility test, written test, medical evaluation, polygraph, and thorough background investigation. Applicants with a G.E.D. will be considered, but must have 30 hours of college (if no high school diploma).

Starting salary is $38,064, which increases to $46,479 at the end of the one year probationary period. Additional pay incentives include cleaning and equipment allowance, longevity, monthly pay for college degrees, college tuition reimbursement, bilingual skills, and a take-home vehicle if residing in the city.

To begin the application process, report to the physical agility test on Thursday, Nov. 20th at 7:00 PM at the Moore High School football stadium (300 N. Eastern in Moore). Parking is available in the lot on the west side of the stadium. Applicants who pass the physical agility test will be given the written test before leaving the site. There is a $15.00 processing fee for the written test. The physical agility test consists of a 1.5 mile run, setups, pushups, and a 300 meter sprint. If you have any questions, contact Officer Jeremy Lewis at (405) 793-5194 or e-mail at [email protected] (11/03/2008)
                  "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
                  - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

Originally posted by MudPupp View Post
                    The physical agility test consists of a 1.5 mile run, setups, pushups, and a 300 meter sprint. (11/03/2008)
                    really? they mispelled "situps" in the ad? no proofreading? nice - typical moore p.d..........

Comment

proofreading

"set ups" is an acceptable spelling ("sit ups" is just as correct)

1 dictionary results for: setting-up exercises
                      Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
                      setting-up exercises   /ˈsɛtɪŋˈʌp/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [set-ing-uhp] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun any of various exercises, as deep knee bends and push-ups, for improving one's posture, muscle tone, or limberness, or for reducing one's weight.

Also called set-ups.

Nobody likes a hater

Comment

So spiro, care to tell us where you're employed at?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6103 users online. 346 members and 5757 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X