300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my past come back to haunt me?

I have a civil/municipal DUI in Warr Acres from 1999 and a misdemeanor DUI from OK County from 2001. I have been squeaky clean since and have recently enlisted in the Air National Guard and have been assigned to the 137th Security Forces Squadron(Air Force Police)So not only will I get a little bit of LE training from tech school but I will also reciev 30-35 credit hours for it too. Thought that may help me a little in my quest to become a LEO. I have just found out that my 2 DUI's are an automatic DQ as far as OKC PD is concerned. (SUCKS!!!!! They were my top choice) But there are several more PD's I would like to try and get on with. (Mustang,Yukon,Norman,Moore,Shawnee,The Village,Chickasha) Does any one here know if that will be an auto DQ for any of these depts?

Here's the link to Norman's Disqualifiers
    http://www.ci.norman.ok.us/police/pd...qualifiers.pdf
    Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Thanks for the link flhtbill. Guess I can scratch Norman too! Its really too bad that 2 mistakes I made as an ignorant kid cant be overlooked though they were 7+ years ago.

Comment

If i am not mistaken, I think the two convictions will end your career in this field, this is from the OHP disqualifiers:

Disqualifications

1. Convicted 2 or more times for DUI, DWI, or DUID.
        2. Convicted of one DUI, DWI, or DUID within the past ten years.
        3. Charged with a DUI, DWI, or DUID within the past five years.

Several factors to concider are their policies and their insurance coverages.

Comment

If i am not mistaken, I think the two convictions will end your career in this field, this is from the OHP disqualifiers:

Disqualifications

1. Convicted 2 or more times for DUI, DWI, or DUID.
          2. Convicted of one DUI, DWI, or DUID within the past ten years.
          3. Charged with a DUI, DWI, or DUID within the past five years.

Several factors to concider are their policies and their insurance coverages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already counted out the OHP

Comment

Originally posted by OKCLEOHopeful View Post
            Thanks for the link flhtbill. Guess I can scratch Norman too! Its really too bad that 2 mistakes I made as an ignorant kid cant be overlooked though they were 7+ years ago.
            I wouldnt consider norman no matter what A good friend of mine who is a very good officer and has a very clean record and a awsome investigator applied there and made it to the interview process and he had ommited that he had thought about smoking marijuana when he was a young teenager but he did not smoke it so they removed him from the process because of this
            Lawdog TCSO
            In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
            well daisy if you do

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog30 View Post
              I wouldnt consider norman no matter what A good friend of mine who is a very good officer and has a very clean record and a awsome investigator applied there and made it to the interview process and he had ommited that he had thought about smoking marijuana when he was a young teenager but he did not smoke it so they removed him from the process because of this
              wait..he THOUGHT about smoking, but didnt? and didnt tell them he THOUGHT about it?

and they kicked him....i doubt it..
              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

I think Norman would be a no go if I am reading the DQ correctly. Two or more DUIs looks like a DQ under the section titled "Under Chief'e Directive".

Can you pursue LE further in the Air Guard?
                I don't think it's nice you laughing. You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Comment

Originally posted by myevilalterego View Post
                  I think Norman would be a no go if I am reading the DQ correctly. Two or more DUIs looks like a DQ under the section titled "Under Chief'e Directive".

Can you pursue LE further in the Air Guard?

Yeah Norman sounds out to me. The only thing I can hope to do in the guard is have a full time opening slot become available on Will Rogers Air Guard Base for Security Forces. But those tend to be VERY FEW and FAR BETWEEN. Not to mention I'm low man on the pole and not the only one who'd be interested in such a position.

Comment

In a situation like that I would almost suggest you find a smaller department to start at. Get certified and get some experience. 7+ years is quite some time, however, most department won't hire someone with 2 DUI's in two years. All you can do is keep your nose clean and keep on the straight and narrow.
                    “Any police officer, our sworn duty, our obligation to our society, is to try our best to protect their lives and property. If we can’t protect our own lives, we don’t have any business trying to protect anybody else’s lives.”

“There are not any second place winners in a gunfight. There is a winner. And a funeral.”

“When you get in a gunfight and you draw and miss, it’s a little late to start making excuses.”

Lt. Dan Combs, Oklahoma Highway Patrol (1970)

Comment

Originally posted by k2.rocky View Post
                      In a situation like that I would almost suggest you find a smaller department to start at. Get certified and get some experience. 7+ years is quite some time, however, most department won't hire someone with 2 DUI's in two years. All you can do is keep your nose clean and keep on the straight and narrow.

+1
                      BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN OKLAHOMA, CONTACT ME @ 405-823-7330 CHRIS & JEN WITH COLDWELL BANKER, SELECT

Comment

Might be a good time to quit drinkin too.
                        -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by -918- View Post
                          Might be a good time to quit drinkin too.
                          That was 7 years ago. I know the difference between responsibly having a few during the OU TEXAS game or "keep on chooglin until I cant stand" I dont do that anymore. But thanks for the input.

Comment

If it were me I'd quit drinkin, period. Not even a few during the OUTexas game. Too many chances to mess things up. Get pulled over, get into a car wreck and just that odor of alcohol on your breath can cause you a whole heap of problems, even if your not legally intoxicated.

Comment

I think this young man has well stated this as a mistake of youth. Granted these are mistakes that do come back to bite one on the butt if interested in LE, but question asked and answered.

I agree that if you have keep your nose clean since, check with the smaller departments. It might not pan out, but it is worth it to at least check.

Truth is, most everyone has done things that were really stupid in their youth. Most just do not get caught and only have to mention the mistake when subject to a pre employment poly.
                              I don't think it's nice you laughing. You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3763 users online. 230 members and 3533 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X