300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCPD Academies...

I wanted to open up this thread in hopes that someone can post information related to when upcoming OCPD academies are. Has anyone heard whether or not January is on or off? Thanks!

Originally posted by thatgrrI3 View Post
    I wanted to open up this thread in hopes that someone can post information related to when upcoming OCPD academies are. Has anyone heard whether or not January is on or off? Thanks!
    I heard that it may be this spring before another one starts but the city just passed the new budget so we will see

Comment

That wouldn't be too bad. Here's hoping!

Comment

That wouldn't be too bad. Here's hoping!
        Your aunt could probably get some good info for you with her husband being that high in the Chain of Command.
        "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
        - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

OCPD commercials

They have a second commercial now on Court TV. It usually shows up on the 7-8pm time slot weekdays. Don't know if they spend money for airing these or not, but I haven't seen TV commercials for OCPD until they started about a month ago.
          Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by MudPupp View Post
            Your aunt could probably get some good info for you with her husband being that high in the Chain of Command.

Probably, but I haven't said anything to them yet. If I don't find out anything soon, I'm sure I'll ask them. Interestingly enough, my aunt is now working out of the same station that my dad was supervisor at and I know ALOT of people from there.

Comment

Okay, here is the scoop from my aunt. According to her, the January academy IS cancelled. They will be having one next June. Apparently they are having trouble finding enough qualified applicants. She says she heard that the current academy is now down to 40, but I don't know for sure. That's all for now.

Comment

We are at 42 and holding strong! I don't foresee any departures unless a block is failed. We started with 50 but lost 2 before the first day. So, not counting those that didn't get to experience the first day, we are down from 48 to 42. It's unfortunate for our Class, 124, to have lost so many so quickly but I guess those that quit just realized that this isn't for them and that is fortunate for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chievous View Post
                  We are at 42 and holding strong! I don't foresee any departures unless a block is failed. We started with 50 but lost 2 before the first day. So, not counting those that didn't get to experience the first day, we are down from 48 to 42. It's unfortunate for our Class, 124, to have lost so many so quickly but I guess those that quit just realized that this isn't for them and that is fortunate for us.
                  Very well put....
                  "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
                  - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

how do people get kicked out BEFORE the first day??

as long and arduous the process is, you'd think that wouldn't happen...lol
                    The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Originally posted by Chievous View Post
                      I know the goal of the first day (or even the first week) is to weed out those who are not truly serious about the job. What I don't get is how many people DON'T KNOW that. Either that, or they just were really disillusioned about what is really involved and what is expected of them. I definately think it is a good thing to get those out the door who aren't serious about it instead of wasting time.

Comment

I know the goal of the first day (or even the first week) is to weed out those who are not truly serious about the job. What I don't get is how many people DON'T KNOW that. Either that, or they just were really disillusioned about what is really involved and what is expected of them. I definately think it is a good thing to get those out the door who aren't serious about it instead of wasting time.
                        I know what you mean, but it kind of ****es me off that they take up academy slots when many other people are dedicated enough.
                        Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Originally posted by stangfather View Post
                          how do people get kicked out BEFORE the first day??

as long and arduous the process is, you'd think that wouldn't happen...lol
                          One of the two we were told he took a job with his current employer and withdrew himself from the Academy. The other one, I haven't heard what happened to him or her. Could have been the same situation with their current employer or they may have failed the Pension and Retirement Medical/Physical exam. Who knows!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5917 users online. 324 members and 5593 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X