Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Go Time!

Hey Gang,

I haven't posted in a while... Still recovering from that Moore hiring process. LOL! I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got on at Edmond PD, and I'm going to Ada in July. I'll be keeping a web journal of my trip, so any of my fellow Okies who want to check it out can PM me and I'll give you the address once it's up.

I've been here at O.com for quite a while now, and would like to offer my gratitude to everyone who posts here. This site is a great resource for everyone from the wannabees to the veterans. There's something on here for everyone and the insight into LE I've gotten has proven invaluable.

For all the newbies, regardless what department you are trying to work for, NEVER GIVE UP! While attending the COPS Program at OSU-OKC, I applied at 5 different departments before getting on at Edmond (once I had enough hours to apply), and I consider myself very, very fortunate to have landed at my dream department. It sounds corny, but believe in yourself and don't be afraid to follow your dreams!

Good Luck and God Bless - Lister
    Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering...

Originally posted by ListerHayes View Post
    Hey Gang,

I haven't posted in a while... Still recovering from that Moore hiring process. LOL! I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got on at Edmond PD, and I'm going to Ada in July. I'll be keeping a web journal of my trip, so any of my fellow Okies who want to check it out can PM me and I'll give you the address once it's up.

I've been here at O.com for quite a while now, and would like to offer my gratitude to everyone who posts here. This site is a great resource for everyone from the wannabees to the veterans. There's something on here for everyone and the insight into LE I've gotten has proven invaluable.

For all the newbies, regardless what department you are trying to work for, NEVER GIVE UP! While attending the COPS Program at OSU-OKC, I applied at 5 different departments before getting on at Edmond (once I had enough hours to apply), and I consider myself very, very fortunate to have landed at my dream department. It sounds corny, but believe in yourself and don't be afraid to follow your dreams!

congrats on getting on in Edmond...I have been following your hiring process thru that other site that you visit...

I live in Edmond and my wife and I know a lot of the guys and gals that work there. I think it is a great department to work for..

Good Luck with your career in Edmond and if you ever stop me please let me go lol...

Comment

Congrats! I hear Edmond's a good department to work for. How was the PFE for Edmond?
      Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Have a buddy that left the department here and went to work in Edmond a year or two ago.

Comment

Hey Gang,

WAY TO GO!!
            Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Congrats!!!! Another LEO in the world. Wish you the best of luck!!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the job. I heard that the LEDT course down in Ada is awsome. Best of luck to you at your new Dept. and at CLEET.
                It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I can't tell you all how excited I am!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I can't tell you all how excited I am!
                    Are you still going to work at the range?
                    "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
                    - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

congrats bro, im very excited for you

pave the way for another old guy lol...
                      The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Originally posted by stangfather View Post
                        congrats bro, im very excited for you

pave the way for another old guy lol...

Thank you Sir! We old geezers gotta stick together. ; )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6697 users online. 362 members and 6335 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X