300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLEET and DOC

Here is a question I would like some input on. First of all we are all in different areas of L.E. So I don't even want to get that going on of who is better or whatever. What I do want to know is what are opinions on us officers that work for DOC here in OK. that are also CLEET certified as peace officers?

We have to maintain the same standards as far as training and what not. But would you other officers in the various P.D.'s, S.O.'s and even the troopers consider us as actual police officers or just as second class officers keeping thugs locked up?
    It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

not

even

touching

this

one
    The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Originally posted by stangfather View Post
      not

even

touching

this

one
      Sounds like someone had a "run-in" with an officer somewhere!
      "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
      - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

Originally posted by MudPupp View Post
        Sounds like someone had a "run-in" with an officer somewhere!
        more than a couple...

lets put it this way, parole officers are great guys, havent met one yet that wasnt a good dude/chick but run of the mill corrections guys?

id rather give the fry cook from wendys a gun and badge and have him behind me in a stack...
        Last edited by stangfather; 05-28-2007, 12:42 AM.
        The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

double post whoops

Comment

No I didn't have a run in or any thing like that. I completed CLEET back in 2004.
            Now i am not under any illusion that I am street cop. But I do go out on man hunts when called upon to do so. I also have to maintain the same hours needed to keep CLEET certification as any other peace officer in the state.

Also I know that a lot of street cops would not or could not do my job as well as I can do it. We all have our places in L.E. Also most of us that are CERT in corrections strive to be more than your so called run of the mill corrections officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
              No I didn't have a run in or any thing like that. I completed CLEET back in 2004.
              Now i am not under any illusion that I am street cop. But I do go out on man hunts when called upon to do so. I also have to maintain the same hours needed to keep CLEET certification as any other peace officer in the state.

Also I know that a lot of street cops would not or could not do my job as well as I can do it. We all have our places in L.E. Also most of us that are CERT in corrections strive to be more than your so called run of the mill corrections officer.
              A lot of anger out there, my spider sense is tingling. Gonna stay AWAY from this thread.

Comment

its cause he has a Sigma...lol

just kidding Dawg..

Comment

Originally posted by stangfather View Post
                  its cause he has a Sigma...lol

just kidding Dawg..
                  Hey the SW9VE has a lifetime warranty, the "pinto" of the Smith line but still it has a warranty.......

Comment

Hey the SW9VE has a lifetime warranty, the "pinto" of the Smith line but still it has a warranty.......
                    Don't all Smiths have a lifetime warranty??
                    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Dogg View Post
                      Don't all Smiths have a lifetime warranty??
                      Sure do, with exception to their new rifle the M&P 15 series, only one year there.

Comment

This is my first post on Officer.com. I am a city officer in Pottawatomie County. I recently stopped a DOC van for speeding in a school. They were professional, so I extended them the professional courtesy of a warning. As far as DOC officers being my equal I would say that some are. I met two of your fellow officers from Lexington. I asked their agency to assist my agency with their search/cadavor dogs. I was advised that something smelled dead in a creek area. Two officers arrived with blood hounds and searched the area. No dead body. but located some old industrial strenth cooking grease. I was very impressed. They told me that if our agency needed assistance, call them anytime. They said it would be a good excuse to get away from the prison.

Comment

Originally posted by aircop26 View Post
                          This is my first post on Officer.com. I am a city officer in Pottawatomie County. I recently stopped a DOC van for speeding in a school. They were professional, so I extended them the professional courtesy of a warning. As far as DOC officers being my equal I would say that some are. I met two of your fellow officers from Lexington. I asked their agency to assist my agency with their search/cadavor dogs. I was advised that something smelled dead in a creek area. Two officers arrived with blood hounds and searched the area. No dead body. but located some old industrial strenth cooking grease. I was very impressed. They told me that if our agency needed assistance, call them anytime. They said it would be a good excuse to get away from the prison.
                          Ok, I can't stay away.... My experience, 99.95% are very professional, the .05% badge heavy, I'm gonna let EVERYONE know I'm in LE are the one's that cause trouble. Saw a couple at a local gun range throwing a fit about not getting the LE range time price. Wow, not an ounce of professionalism.

Comment

Ok, I can't stay away.... My experience, 99.95% are very professional, the .05% badge heavy, I'm gonna let EVERYONE know I'm in LE are the one's that cause trouble. Saw a couple at a local gun range throwing a fit about not getting the LE range time price. Wow, not an ounce of professionalism.
                            Those were two that make those of us in DOC look bad. If as a C.O. I catch a break on something I am grateful for it. I do not ask for or demand any special consideration.

Comment

Dawg where do you work at...I'm thinking of applying out at James Crabtree in a couple months...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8962 users online. 415 members and 8547 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X