300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukon PD

I just found out that they are hiring 18 new officers. Must have 60 hours of college. Starting pay is $30,371. Applications are due Friday the 18th by 4:30.
    Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

They cleaned house.

Comment

damn 53 hrs...lol

they had a flyer up at school the other day, which i thought was funny.

did they keep anyone??
      The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Where do you think I got the info from? somebody handed me a copy, so I felt obligated to take it.
        Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

I hope the pay goes up significantly for the amount of college required.

Comment

60hrs isnt much man,
            The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
              Where do you think I got the info from? somebody handed me a copy, so I felt obligated to take it.
              well excuse me ...

Comment

You may be exused. But seriously, I didn't mean to sound uppity

Comment

You gotta be kidding. It took me six years to get my AS degree in Police Science at OSU-OKC. One of my classmate had been in the program for 8 years. Working full-time on the never ending rotating shift just didn't fit in with college schedules...

Comment

credit hours

Well, if you put a price on 60hrs. It's spending quite a bit of money to not make much money.

I looked up on City-data and it says Yukon has 37 total officers. So, 18 would certainly be quite a significant turnover.
                    Last edited by flhtbill; 05-17-2007, 06:27 PM. Reason: added city data comment
                    Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by stangfather View Post
                      60hrs isnt much man,
                      No, but neither is 30k a year. There are departments here in Arkansas that pay better and require none. I'm all for college hour requirements, but atleast pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by stiffnecked View Post
                        You gotta be kidding. It took me six years to get my AS degree in Police Science at OSU-OKC. One of my classmate had been in the program for 8 years. Working full-time on the never ending rotating shift just didn't fit in with college schedules...
                        6 yrs?

wow...what did you do take 3 credits a semester?

im on the three year two year plan..

Comment

3 credits sometimes 5 a semester. That's all I could afford and had time for.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                            I just found out that they are hiring 18 new officers. Must have 60 hours of college. Starting pay is $30,371. Applications are due Friday the 18th by 4:30.
                            That's almost a sick joke of a salary............
                            "I will not use my patrol car as a desert prerunner unless in pursuit."

Comment

OKCPD isnt much less that tho, dont they start at 35k?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2758 users online. 150 members and 2608 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X