300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawton P.D.

Yeah, it is in the middle of no where, with not much around it. I am from Lawton and have worked there in the past. To me the department seems to be getting better and is progressive. I left the area to make a little more money in Texas. My question is, how do you guys feel about LPD. Never see any threads on them. For the city itself, if you want to see action, you will get it there. Besides OKC, Tulsa, and the surrounding cities around those areas, i do not see the crazy action in the middle of no where besides Lawton. Just a question for the OK Peace Officers....

Originally posted by bikecop136 View Post
    Yeah, it is in the middle of no where, with not much around it. I am from Lawton and have worked there in the past. To me the department seems to be getting better and is progressive. I left the area to make a little more money in Texas. My question is, how do you guys feel about LPD. Never see any threads on them. For the city itself, if you want to see action, you will get it there. Besides OKC, Tulsa, and the surrounding cities around those areas, i do not see the crazy action in the middle of no where besides Lawton. Just a question for the OK Peace Officers....
    You thinking of moving? City data shows their population decreasing, not a good sign.

Comment

No, im from Lawton. Just never hear anything on them in the Oklahoma forum. Just started a new thread. Too big of a pay cut coming from the area i am in right now.

Comment

i have a guy in my reserve unit that is a officer with lawton, he says they are pretty damn good dept to work for, he was a marine and knows the difference between good leadership and bad...

supposedly thier old chief was a bit too good old boy, but thats been fixed now.
        The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Lawton PD "used to be" known as a crooked dept. I am not sure about now but I hope it got better. I know a couple of officers about 6-7 years ago they told me there was alot of crooked stuff that went on. I had an instructor, Mathis, a Lawton PD detective. He was one of my best instructors when I was going through the COPS program. I hear he is the Shawnee chief now. He was a great guy. Very knowledgeable. So the problem was probably with a couple of people and it made the whole department sour.

Comment

Mathis is a good guy. Yeah he is in Shawnee now. They got Smith as Chief like 3 yrs ago. Changed it all around, and got rid of alot of the bad seeds. I was there last week, and even saw some of the new cars. Had LED's and all on them. Was surprised to see the change. Even think i saw one of the cars with a MDC in it. I know alot of the LPD guys. They say it has changed for the better in the last couple of years. I think the only thing they need now is a little better pay. But good pay in that area is hard to come by, that is why i left.

Comment

Originally posted by bikecop136 View Post
              No, im from Lawton. Just never hear anything on them in the Oklahoma forum. Just started a new thread. Too big of a pay cut coming from the area i am in right now.
              I've got a couple of friends that are LPD, they both enjoy their jobs and the department. When the FBI racketeering charges started coming down steming from the Lawton Public Schools scandal it wasn't such a nice place to be (from what I was told). Outside of that the department has gotten a lot better.
              "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
              - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6701 users online. 358 members and 6343 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X