300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hello to all. I feel as if I know most of you, that is the ones in the OCPD process. Although I just registered yesterday, I've been following along and reading your posts for almost a year. Chievous is a nickname some friends of mine gave me many years ago, the story on that another time, my real name is Matt. I guess I didn't want to be original and use my real name so Chievous it is.

I want to first say congrats to all that will be attending OCPD's 124th Academy. I will be attending that as well and look forward to meeting you and the others. Burlla Roberts the HR Records Coordinator for the OCPD told me that we will be meeting as a group on the 24th of May for an orientation and the completion of our new hire packets. I guess I'll see you guys then, 0900 sharp!

FYI - 7 weeks from today is when the fun starts!

Originally posted by Chievous
    Hello to all. I feel as if I know most of you, that is the ones in the OCPD process. Although I just registered yesterday, I've been following along and reading your posts for almost a year. Chievous is a nickname some friends of mine gave me many years ago, the story on that another time, my real name is Matt. I guess I didn't want to be original and use my real name so Chievous it is.

I want to first say congrats to all that will be attending OCPD's 124th Academy. I will be attending that as well and look forward to meeting you and the others. Burlla Roberts the HR Records Coordinator for the OCPD told me that we will be meeting as a group on the 24th of May for an orientation and the completion of our new hire packets. I guess I'll see you guys then, 0900 sharp!

FYI - 7 weeks from today is when the fun starts!

Welceom to O.com.... glad to see some of the lurkers becoming members.. Myself I plan on applying for one of the academes upcoming...sure there will be a list of those that are going to try....again welcome to o.com

Comment

Welcome to the board. Congrats on getting hired!

Comment

Your going to have a meeting, roughly a month, before the academy starts. You'll meet SSGT High for the first time. He will give you an information packet that contains alot of information for the academy, etc... Trust me, study the materials that are in there, you will be tested the first week of the academy.
        "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
        - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

Originally posted by MudPupp View Post
          Your going to have a meeting, roughly a month, before the academy starts. You'll meet SSGT High for the first time. He will give you an information packet that contains alot of information for the academy, etc... Trust me, study the materials that are in there, you will be tested the first week of the academy.
          Half of us met Sgt High yesterday and the rest of 124 will meet him Friday. Just as you said, and thanks for the heads up, we got our info packet. I've read that thing three times just since yesterday. Good stuff! We've got plenty of time, 5 weeks from this Friday, to put it to memory. Can't wait to get started!

Comment

Hello All.

I have been reading here for the past couple of months. Looks like a thread titled Introduction would be a perfect time to say hello.

I have been in the Air Force since 1989. I plan on retiring in 2009 and applying to the local PDs here that are hiring. I am also slowly working on the C.O.P.S. program at Rose State.

I was lucky enough to have a truthful recruiter when I joined the Air Force and was totally prepared for Basic/Tech School. Sounds like most of the applicants are obtaining some very valuable information here.

Congratulations to all of you new hires.

Thank-You to all the Law Enforcement members for your service to our community.
            Last edited by flhtbill; 04-26-2007, 06:15 PM. Reason: added first paragraph.
            Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by flhtbill View Post
              I have been reading here for the past couple of months. Looks like a thread titled Introduction would be a perfect time to say hello.

I have been in the Air Force since 1989. I plan on retiring in 2009 and applying to the local PDs here that are hiring. I am also slowly working on the C.O.P.S. program at Rose State.

I was lucky enough to have a truthful recruiter when I joined the Air Force and was totally prepared for Basic/Tech School. Sounds like most of the applicants are obtaining some very valuable information here.

Welcome to O.com

Comment

Originally posted by flhtbill View Post

Welcome to the board flhtbill! Good Luck with the C.O.P.S. program and when that time comes, to apply with some PD's, this forum has alot of info that can be of use to you.

Comment

Thank-You both. I think my favorite posts to read are how applicants put their status all along the hiring process as well as the hints that people that have already been their give. When they finally pass everything and are hired and just waiting for the academy to start is a big weight off of them.
                  Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Curtis Kennedy and I'm looking forward to maybe having the opportunity to come back home and serve the great state of Oklahoma. Here is a little about myself: I'm 24 and have been married for over 5 years now. I'm currently finishing up my 4 years in the Marines and I will be coming back home to Ada in July. I'm enrolled at East Central University for the fall, but I will be seeking a job while I'm going to school.( wife is a full-time Nursing student, so going to have to find a job) I was born and raised in Seminole, but I would not consider going back there. Law enforcement is the only thing I want to do, so hopefully I can land somewhere and start my career. I look forward to meeting all of you and stay safe out there.

Curt,

Comment

Originally posted by curtisk882002 View Post
                      Hello everyone,

My name is Curtis Kennedy and I'm looking forward to maybe having the opportunity to come back home and serve the great state of Oklahoma. Here is a little about myself: I'm 24 and have been married for over 5 years now. I'm currently finishing up my 4 years in the Marines and I will be coming back home to Ada in July. I'm enrolled at East Central University for the fall, but I will be seeking a job while I'm going to school.( wife is a full-time Nursing student, so going to have to find a job) I was born and raised in Seminole, but I would not consider going back there. Law enforcement is the only thing I want to do, so hopefully I can land somewhere and start my career. I look forward to meeting all of you and stay safe out there.

Curt,
                      Welcome to o.com

Comment

Thanks oSutrooper! Its good to be here!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2779 users online. 148 members and 2631 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X