300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU and OU Football 2005

Ok, figured another thread pertaining to just the current season would be a good idea.

So here is where '05 stands:

Oklahoma State: 3-0

Positives:
    • Bobby Reed... a 6'3", 235lbs, 4% body fat QB who can actually throw, break it down field on a run very quickly and has the ability to go head-to-head with a defensive player and win...
    • Crosslyn... again another huge guy who is adapting well to his new position in the backfield. Amazingly fast for his size and again someone who can meet a linebacker head-to-head and come out on top.
    • Three wins... well, a "W" is a "W"...

Negatives:
    • Regardless of our backs, there is no O-line so they are irrelevant unless they get the opportunity to make something themselves...
    • Secondary... too young and too worried about being beat deep! Course, that is a null point when you are playing such soft coverage that the offence and go under the coverage and get 10 to 20 yard plays consistently!
    • Penalities... just a young team with a new offence... need to get fluid and apply the basics and be patient.
    • And last, conference play starts in 2 weeks... and with that our winning ends... until MAYBE OU since Bedlam is always a toss-up anymore. Hell, I am afraid to play Baylor, where the hell did they learn how to win, much less start 3-0?!?!

Oklahoma: 1-2

Positives:
    • Well, this also coincides with a "negative" but it is a positive only in that of all the things that have cause OU to start as they have... there is truly only ONE thing that needs to be fixed to at least be a winnable team. That is the ball handling skills of Butterfinger Bomar. While yeah this isn't a positive... at least you really have ONE true weakness as compared to OSU's... well numerous!
    • AD... nuff said. Got to hate the guy cause you have to respect him so much.

Negatives:
    • Bomar... quite honestly I have no idea about his abilities at the position, but if he can't hang on to the ball when it is snapped to him we may never get to see them as everytime he could get into a rythym he'll turn it over. But as said above, this is the ONE thing that is killing OU, fix this and the turn overs will drop, and thus morale will go up.
    • Started 1-2... unless we are on the team, we truly do not know how much inner strength the team has, but you have to think that starting 1-2 for a program who has been to the National Championship a lot in recent years has put some players in a position where maybe they are playing as if there is no hope.
    • For OU fans... well, this is a big negative. Regardless of what OU fixes, Texas is still going to wipe the board with the Sooners. Just too damn good. No USC, but they own that 2nd place spot in the rankings!

That said, any predictions on what games OSU and OU will win/lose on the remaining schedule?

Bedlam outcome?
    Last edited by ZGXtreme; 09-20-2005, 12:08 PM.
    sigpic

bedlam,, huh, willl be cowboys all the way.....

Comment

Hook 'em Horns!

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
        Hook 'em Horns!
        ohhhhhhhh,,, cant believe you went there,,,,,but i will give them snaps for what they did to the blackeyes, i mean buckeyes,,, i enjoyed that..

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
          ohhhhhhhh,,, cant believe you went there,,,,,but i will give them snaps for what they did to the blackeyes, i mean buckeyes,,, i enjoyed that..
          Part of me feels I should pull for OU during the Red River Shootout...

...BUT,

1. Texas is just to solid a football team and,
          2. It is about time OU felt the badluck that strikes other teams, OU seems to dodge it more often than others!

So I gotta go with...
          sigpic

Comment

oh yea, as far as the red river shot out, the horns are going to wipe ou's butt all over the field.

Comment

oh yea, as far as the red river shot out, the horns are going to wipe ou's butt all over the field.
              Oh c'mon... this is a site for people in/around law enforcement, I don't think you need to sugar coat it! We can handle the reality!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
                Oh c'mon... this is a site for people in/around law enforcement, I don't think you need to sugar coat it! We can handle the reality!!!
                sorry, , must have been around some of these crusty old tymers in here to much,,
                sorry, but an *** whippin is going to be the reality this yr.

Comment

lol I saw OSU and was thinking Buckeyes....
                  THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                    lol I saw OSU and was thinking Buckeyes....
                    HOW DARE YOU,,,,,i am at a lose for words..

Comment

HOW DARE YOU,,,,,i am at a lose for words..

well I am from Ohio.... what do you expect
                      THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

nevermind, 10-22
                        Last edited by ZGXtreme; 09-20-2005, 11:37 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Seeing that I am an oSu fan I think I'll root for Texas lol

GO POKES!!!!

Comment

Boomer Sooner!!

OK... two things. 1. Go OU! and they say a picture is worth a thousand words so here's #2.
                            Attached Files
                            "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't... Sign here."
                            "Just how big were those two beers?"

Comment

Sorry..had to do it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6182 users online. 325 members and 5857 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X