300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about retirement age

Hi friends! Does anyone know by chance if there is a mandatory retirement policy as far as the OKC Metro Police Agencies are concerned (specifically OKC, Yukon, Mustang, Norman, Moore, Edmond, El Reno and Midwest City). I'm 43 years old with military background. I wouldn't like to go through the recruitment process hassle if I'm not going to have at least a 20 years of career (ideally to retire at 65). Thank you.

The only age requirement I've seen is 45 to start. I haven't heard of a mandatory retirement age.
    Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

There is no mandatory retirement age for OCPD.
      Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Thank you for your answers! As far as I'm concerned OLERS is the agency that provides pension to the Oklahoma State LEOs, correct? After reading the OLERS 2013 Handbook (http://www.olers.state.ok.us/DocumentForms.aspx), page 12, I found out that the eligibility for retirement starts at the age of 62. It is also stated that "....no event shall commencement of distribution of the accrued retirement benefit of a member be delayed beyond April 1 of the calendar year following the later of: (1) the calendar year in which the member reaches seventy and one-half (70 1/2) years of age; or (2) the actual retirement date of the member.". So I'm trying to "decipher" what OLERS is trying to say. I don't see any reference to "mandatory retirement" but maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?
        Last edited by ApolloOKC; 08-07-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Can't fully decipher it, but it sounds like worst case scenario would be a mandatory retirement at 70 1/2, which shouldn't present a problem for you anyways (honestly, if you are still needing to work at the PD at age 70 you've screwed something up along the way).
          Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by 5031OKC View Post
            Can't fully decipher it, but it sounds like worst case scenario would be a mandatory retirement at 70 1/2, which shouldn't present a problem for you anyways (honestly, if you are still needing to work at the PD at age 70 you've screwed something up along the way).
            lol!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6403 users online. 357 members and 6046 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X