300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmond Hiring This Year...

FYI - Supposed to start taking apps in Aug.
    Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering...

Just to add, Recruitment to begin around the first of June for those who want to obtain more information. Around that time they should also have a better idea as to how many new hires will be attending the 2nd Academy.
    sigpic

Comment

Hope you guys get a GREAT turn out with the publicity.

It's even on the news!

EDMOND, Okla. -- The Edmond Police Department is hiring new officers.

The hiring process will begin June 1 and end on July 29. The police academy is expected to begin on Nov. 28.

"We don't get to hire often, so this is great news," said Glynda Chu, department spokesperson.

Preliminary questionnaires can be picked up after June 1st at the City of Edmond Human Resources office at 100 E. First St. They can also be found at www.edmondpd.com. The completed paperwork must be returned to the Human Resources office on or before July 29.

The full application will be given to applicants who meet the minimum requirements. Applicants must be between age 21 and 45. They must also have completed 60 or more hours of college credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, or a minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and 2 years full-time paid law enforcement experience, or A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and 4 years active military duty with a honorable discharge.

Read more: http://www.koco.com/news/27938176/de...#ixzz1Mj8efiLQ
      Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

did you apply with Edmond @ Bill?

Comment

Nope, I have always put info. when local departments are hiring in the area in the Oklahoma section.
          Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

So, can anyone help explain the hiring process with this dept? (Physical test, background, etc.?) Hours, Moral, etc?

Comment

i know Bill im messing with you lol

Comment

I am filling out the preliminary questionnaire tomorrow and going to fax it to them. I was wondering if anyone knew what there physical agility test is like and what are the times they have to be done in. How is there academy structured? anything like OHP?

Comment

Nathan I'll fill you in on what I know from the last time I tested with Edmond. I've put this on the back burner for a few years with the birth of my son. Now that he is old enough to help mama out some I'm applying again.

Again unless it has changed this is what I did a few years ago. Edmond runs the timed agility test. setup in cruiser with seatbelt on, exit cruiser run up hill 50-75 yds, clear 4' fence, climb through window, run approx 100yds, clear 6' wall(step available for those that needed it), run 15 yds, dummy drag(150-180lbs if I remember correctly) approx 10yds.

Word of advise slow down when you hit the 4' fence. I hit it at a pretty good clip and ended up with a DNF and one swolen ankle. Yes I filed that one under DA.

the Written testing is a standard LEO multiple choice test booklet.

Again all this is from a few years back when I tested with them originally. so things may have changed. The agility test isn't to difficult. I'd say from what I saw the toughest part was clearing that wall and the dummy drag at the end.

Schmee: if you look at the prelim app online they show the basic order of their hiring process. Looks pretty standard with prelim app, physical and written tests, PO Application, Pre-background review, Oral Board, Computer literacy test, Background, Interview with the chief, Psyc test, poly, physical, employment. Can't tell you if these occur in the same order. its just the order the appear on the prelim app.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i filed out the prlim app yesterday and im going to try and fax it today if i get a chance.

Comment

nathan, I received my full app today. This is a bit different from last time. First time I received the full background packet prior to the physical and written testing.

time to crack open the old file with all my old application information. Luckily I keep all my information from old applications. First time I did one of these(OCPD) I used almost every day I had the packet to work on it. I should be able to mail this in or drop it off later next week.

Comment

i got my full app today, i didnt fax in the questionnaire till yesterday. it came fast. I am going through all my old stuff now. and doing ledt during the day so hopefully i can finish it this week and get it sent off.

Comment

I got the full app as well and I was wondering if the app will serve as PHS or not because most of the questions are the same as PHS of some other departments?

Comment

PHS? I must have slept to much. What is PHS?

Comment

Personal History Statement

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5786 users online. 348 members and 5438 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X