300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osage Co

I know it's a long shot and drive but i'd suggest trying the sheriff's dept up in pawhuska . My father retired from there back in the late 90's . He started out as jailer and 6mo's field deputy ...

If you'r already cleet trained they'll hire you ....

I've got a few friend's that work there ....

Alot of area to cover but mostly indian land

What indian land? They have 4 small reservations that are restricted and lots of little personally restricted places. Without the Sheriff's commision they wouldnt had squat to do. Most of their arrests, even on indians, have to go through state court because they arent on restricted land.

Comment

I'm guessing you don't know much about osage county ? ...The county is the largest in the state and IT IS ALL indian res ...There is no 4 small indian res's ...If you ever drive on any open highway in Osage Co take notice of a sign stating ...You've Entered Osage Nation ...That pretty much sum's it up ...The BIA and the Sheriff Dept Share the duties ...

Comment

My mom lives in Pawhuska, on the rez in tribal senior housing. The Osage nation is a very large piece of land.

My non-LE relations, there, often supply much of the job security for Osage Nation PD/OCSD/PPD members.

Seriously, I want the very best to apply and get the job, there, since you'll be watching over my mom!
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

[/IMG]
          Originally posted by ruger44 View Post

I'm guessing you don't know much about osage county ? ...The county is the largest in the state and IT IS ALL indian res ...There is no 4 small indian res's ...If you ever drive on any open highway in Osage Co take notice of a sign stating ...You've Entered Osage Nation ...That pretty much sum's it up ...The BIA and the Sheriff Dept Share the duties ...
          No I dont think you quite got the right answers. But please review my patrol car photo and tell me more about Osage County. And yes, there are only 4 federally restricted reservations and the plots restricted or still in restriction by the Osage Tribal member owning them. Every where else is the same as any other ground in Oklahoma.
          Last edited by HCSO511; 05-01-2011, 05:34 AM.

Comment

The last time i was in OK between skiatook and avant on hwy 11 there is a big roadside sign stating you've just entered the Osage Nation so i was assuming that the whole county is on indian land . I did not know there were 3 other's . Far as i know The sheriff's dept and BIA share duties of patrol . Since i'm from there i know a few of the deputies and my father still talk's to a few of the older guy's . His reputaion is well known around the SO

Comment

Originally posted by ruger44 View Post
              The last time i was in OK between skiatook and avant on hwy 11 there is a big roadside sign stating you've just entered the Osage Nation so i was assuming that the whole county is on indian land . I did not know there were 3 other's . Far as i know The sheriff's dept and BIA share duties of patrol . Since i'm from there i know a few of the deputies and my father still talk's to a few of the older guy's . His reputaion is well known around the SO
              No sir the BIA only has authority over federally restricted Indian land. Once the Osage's sold their land to whites over the years it was no longer restricted. The BIA rarely ever comes to the area, the Osage Nation PD is managed by the tribe themselves and handles the restricted areas. They also carry our commision so they can work county wide. The BIA anywhere only has authority over indian people on indian land. Outside the reservation the BIA has no authority and no authority over whites any where unless the crime falls under the 14 adopted crimes by the Fed Courts. Its no different in Osage County than any other county in Oklahoma. And there are no older guys at the Sheriff's Office anymore. 1 old man working court security and 1 serving papers. Very few of us with 5 years on or more since Cottle is gone and real cops are hired now.

Comment

I'm not sure how long you've been with the SO ...But the Real Cop's were back in the late 80's ...Back then they didn't have BIA Cop's ...Back then deputies couldn't make an arrest w/o an FBI agent on site ....

Comment

Does anyone remember a time when the FBI stood around any county in Oklahoma to approve or disapprove a local agencies arrest? I thought this was legit but this is obviously a troll we're dealing with.

Comment

Well the SO sure couldn't make an arrest w/o a federal agent present ...Back then Osage tribe didn't have an agency

I'm not a TROLL either ...Don't assume i'm a troll ..That's un-called for ..You don't know me

Comment

Ive sent you a PM about other things but Ill explain this part here. Without a tribal PD, the restricted land is policed by the BIA officers, and they actually do have officers out in patrol cars running around. You wont see them often working in areas where the tribe has its own pd unless tribal politics have corrupted the PD which happens sometimes. What I think your recalling is when we would go to the tribal reservations to stop a problem and stand by for the BIA officer to come see what he can do about the situation. Same as a Deputy asking a city officer to step out of town to stand by at a situation for him. Now we are all cross commisioned so we can technically go into restricted land any time we want but we wont. We can but wont usually just because its not our responsibility.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5756 users online. 316 members and 5440 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X