300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa PD

Hello all. I just recently just sent in an application for the Tulsa PD. I was wondering if anyone had any current info on morale in the dept. I did a search and found that last year they were having layoffs and such. Can't be any worse than NJ. Any help is appreaciated.

i dont know anything about it but my cousins husband works for Tulsa PD.

Comment

I currently work with a retired Tulsa PD Sgt and I have asked him the same question. He had nothing bad to say about the department. He said he would do it all over again. From what I have found it seems to be a great department to work for. The financial situations seems to be better in the city, so much so that they have two new academies planned. I need to finish my degree so I can apply also. Hope this helps and good luck!

Comment

Moral is wear it is expected when you have the city council and mayors office fighting each other, oh and one city councilor just sent in a petition to have the state DA investigate a possible ouster for the mayor. Plus with the probe from the Federal DA's office in Arkansas investigating the corruption I imagine some things are bitter. Just keep your head low and DO NOT LIE, the current chief has enacted a strict policy about not tell the truth on anything you do or testify too. Good luck, in the hiring process.

Comment

Thank you for both for the info. It is one of my top places where I applied I hope to work. I'm finishing up my last semester in college as we speak so hopefully my timing is good. The job market where I am is terrible and everyone I know around me that's LE has told me to leave NJ if I want a job. Plus I wouldn't mind a change of scenery.

Comment

I deal with Tulsa pretty often and they seem ok. Once a city get so large trouble at the top doesnt affect the rank and file as much as it does a small department. As long as the officers get paid what do they care what the mayor and council do to each other. Also look at Oklahoma City. They are an outstanding department. If I was planning on a move Id pick OKC before Tulsa.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2792 users online. 139 members and 2653 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X