300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to Run

Last edited by moose7289; 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM.
    If your going to be a Bear you might as well be a GRIZZLY

Looking for Guidance feel free to assist me in my search............

Mitch Park. 1901 W. Covell, Edmond. This park has 6.5 miles of trails, including quite a bit of hill work.

Of course, check high school tracks near you that you might be able to access. With school in session it gets a little harder.
    "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Make sure you run where there are elevation changes. Some uphill and downhill stuff. Also, a treadmill does not equal outdoor running. Use the treadmill if necessary, but run outdoors as much as possible. Don't let something like rain stop you from running outside. When I was in the academy we ran in the rain several times.
      Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Yes sir I understand

thanks guys
        If your going to be a Bear you might as well be a GRIZZLY

Looking for Guidance feel free to assist me in my search............

Comment

Dolese in Warr Acres has a nice trail to run on and its so pretty there.

Comment

There are great places to run here in Edmond. Mitch park, previously mentioned is fantastic... so is Hafer park. If you want to run around the college, UCO is very pedestrian friendly and is well lit for night running. Boulevard/Broadway, just north of Danforth has large sidewalks for walking/running/biking that go up to Covell if you want a pretty straight track with light hills.

You can send me a message if you want to go running sometime, I tend to do a lot of night running since that fits my sleep schedule nowadays.

Comment

Hefner Lake is always good. Roughly 1.5 miles from the last parking lot south (past Britton) to the parking lot by Hefner Rd. Steadily rises in elevation.

Comment

yeah Edmond does have some nice trails.i always see people walking along the sidewalks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3540 users online. 226 members and 3314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X