X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

NOVEMBER 14 & 15, 2009
    MORE THAN 4,100 TABLES!

Something to think about: If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1200 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.6 miles!
    If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,000 tables, You will have 16.2 seconds to look at each table.

Anyone else plan on going? I've never been, so I'm driving up from Edmond/OKC this Saturday for an eventful day off. It'll be nice to see the "countryside."

My apology, here's a link for more info.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

Comment

I went to the April show this year. Nuts to Butts busy is all I can say.

had a nice long walk to the door. Made it through the zip tie table(Any firearm going in has to have its action ziptied to preven any loading of the firearm. Dealers are allowed to cut their zipties to show a customer but must immediately retie them.

Insane is one word I would use to discribe it. I had a friend drive up from Dallas to meet me then we went together. We covered the entire show in one day. Yes, every isle. No detail looking was done unless something caught our eyes. He was looking for any Remington 8 or 81 models. We found one. I was looking for anything an M&P40 I could trade a 9mm for. I walked out spending $20 and he walked out with all his cash in hand.

We talked that evening about going back on Sunday to check out the few tables we made mental notes on. But decided just to head home.

I have had better luck at smaller local shows. The prices were to steep. Anyone walking around with a sign showing gun for sale had an insane image of how awsome their gun was and why it demanded the price they wanted.

Maybe things have settled down now where you can walk and look eaiser without dodging the guy in the middle of the isle that won't move while he tries to figure out where he is going.

Its worth going to at least once. Personally it will take a lot for me to get back up there. Then again it could be that I don't like being stuck in a crowd that thick with no quick exit at hand.

Comment

I plan to go early when it opens to get my shopping done with hopefully not a huge crowd. I'm looking for long gun or two. I've been told the prices are steep sometimes, and that people exagerate the worth of their items, sometimes dramatically. However I've had pretty crummy luck finding what I want at the local weekend shows here in OKC. Sometimes they are just a bit too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyforhire View Post
          I plan to go early when it opens to get my shopping done with hopefully not a huge crowd. I'm looking for long gun or two. I've been told the prices are steep sometimes, and that people exagerate the worth of their items, sometimes dramatically. However I've had pretty crummy luck finding what I want at the local weekend shows here in OKC. Sometimes they are just a bit too small.
          I might go, but I have to work during the nights. I have been before, and a lot of people do try to jack up there prices. If you go, stop by Major Malfunctions Munitions booth. He is out of Edmond, and one of the biggest class 3 dealers around. He could probably hook you up with ordering something if you cant find it.
          Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Every show I have been to where Bryon, aka Major Malfunction, was setup was the same picture. Large crowd gathered around his table. Who could blame them, H&K MP7, Barret, countless suppressors, Cytac, H&K MP5, and the best of all MiniGun.

Just a warning. If you buy anything from him you will want to be back for more. I keep telling myself to leave the checkbook at home. The grin still hasn't worn off from the suppressor I picked up from him.

Comment

i went and bought a new off-duty weapon. Nice condition, but, upon getting home and looking up prices, found out I had been raped severely. My own damned fault, tho

Comment

My #1 rule about gun shows. If I'm looking to buy, I had better do some research before. Its amazing how someone can see something at a gun show and impulse buy. I hate to use that term, but I have not found another word to best describe it.

You know one of two things will happen if you leave the table where the item you want is located. First you will more than likely come back and the item be sold. Second, this one holds true at the Wannamacher show, you can't find the table again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5924 users online. 348 members and 5576 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X