NEW Welcome Ad





No announcement yet.

Resides in Border State


300x250 Mobile

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Resides in Border State

    I have an police officer applicant who lives in Texas and has a Texas Drivers License. During the interview, he stated that he was previously allowed to serve in Oklahoma while maintaining his residence and drivers license in Texas.

    Is there an Oklahoma policy, law, regulation, or other which states an Oklahoma Peace Officer must be an Oklahoma resident and/or have an Oklahoma Drivers License?

    By the way, I'm looking for a full time officer who is experienced with heavy traffic and has traffic accident experience. Take home vehicle (08 Dodge Magnum) if you reside within 10 miles of the city limits. Approximately 8 square miles of land and water with three state parks.

    The town does not have a medical plan. Salary range 20,000 - 25,000 a year.
    Stewart Stanfield, EdD
    Patrolman - Antlers, Oklahoma

  • #2
    Chief, I know a lot of departments require an officer to have an Oklahoma DL, but I don't know if it's the law or not. I looked around and couldn't find anything that was conclusive.

    BTW, if Sawyer wasn't 3 hours away from where I currently live I'd be all over it. I saw your myspace bulletin but the wifey said no... lol
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly. -Teddy Roosevelt"


    • #3
      Everything I read only specifys a valid license is required. I'd imagine state of issuance would/could be an agency specific requirement

      In order to complete CLEET approved certification training, officers must meet, at a minimum, the following conditions:

      1. Be at least 21 years of age prior to certification as a peace officer.
      2. Must be a United States citizen or in resident alien status, as defined by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
      3. Must possess a high school diploma or a GED equivalency certificate. (Minimum requirements)
      4. Must not have been convicted in state or federal court for any felony, crime of moral turpitude, or a crime of domestic violence.
      5. Must have fingerprint clearance from Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
      6. Must have undergone psychological evaluation by the employing agency using a psychological instrument approved by CLEET.
      7. Must be commissioned or appointed by employing agency prior to attending CLEET approved certification training.
      8.Must not have been involuntarily committed to an Oklahoma state mental institution.
      9.Must certify that he or she is physically able to fully participate in and complete all phases of the CLEET Basic Peace Officer Certification Academy as mandated in CLEET rules.
      10. Must submit all required documentation and enrollment materials.
      Last edited by MudPupp; 10-27-2009, 02:16 AM.
      "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

      - Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
      - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)


      • #4
        This Chief is one of the best people you will ever work for. If you are interested, I suggest you grab it. I went though a ton of schooling with him between July and October and would love to work for him if I wasn't so far away.


        MR300x250 Tablet


        What's Going On


        There are currently 4712 users online. 269 members and 4443 guests.

        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

        Welcome Ad