300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty, Rotten Speeder

I got pulled over yesterday by the OHP for doing 5 over the limit....Yes 5mph. Come to find out, he was a gun-nut as well and we spent about 20 minutes in his cruiser b.s.'ing about guns etc, very friendly stop and he was really cool in light of their recent bad press. Anyways........

Just curious though....Are all OHP cruisers set-up to carry their Shotgun mounted in the back-seat? That seems kinda strange to me.

Did ya at least get off with a warning?
    Thomas - aka HUCK
    PST II - Police Service Tech II

Comment

Oh yeah he only gave me a warning. I suspect he was near the end of his shift because he got me going the opposite direction, turned around and pulled me over. After I left, he passed me and pulled in his HQ in Altus around 4pm'ish.

Comment

In most of the troopers cars that I've seen, their shotgun and AR-15 are mounted vertically directly behind the driver's seat.
        Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Don't feel bad. I was on my way to class at UCO several years ago. Headed up the Turnpike from Yukon and passed, yes you read that right, passed a Trooper. Speedo said 70mph radar confirmed at 74mph. I knew my speedo was off due to the tires on my Jeep. And yes I already admitted to breaking a cardinal rule(passing a Trooper). Nice little warning for 74 in a 70.

I would have rather taken the ticket instead of going to class that evening. International Business, I think, was the class I was headed to.

I have seen a few, very few with the horizontal rifle/shotgun mount overhead in the car.

Comment

I have also seen them mounted on the back fo the drivers seat. I have seen several shotguns mounted overhead but never the rifle. I also know a few that just have them in the trunk. Its amazing how full of stuff their trunks are.

Comment

I have seen them on a horizontal rack (more of a shelf than a rack) in the back also I've seen some troopers that even carry them loose in the back seat....BAD F IN IDEA!!!! but I guess if that's what they're comfortable then that's what theyr'e comfortable with
              You can't fix stupid!

Comment

They transport their arrestees in the front passenger seat. Maybe thats why they mount them there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2242 users online. 156 members and 2086 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X