300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osage county

Anyone want to offer up specifics on calls and what type of work, also pay and benefits. Thanks

http://www.ocso.net/employment.htm

Comment

Are they hiring? And if so, where did you find the posting. I have an app on file with them and Sheriff Koch contacted me for an interview in the middle of August, but I am an out of state applicant and the call was for the next day, so I couldn't make it.

Comment

Thanks I'm aware of the web site.

Comment

The best thing to do would be to call them.

I work with them on occassion and listen to their radio traffic when I'm on duty. They run about the same type of calls as any other department. Usually not busy all the time, but they have a limited number of deputies to cover as large of an area as they cover, so they can get bogged down pretty fast.

I don't know specifics on pay, but I want to say starting is around $1700/mo, but don't quote me.

Like most sheriff departments, you usually have to work a year in the jail before moving to patrol.

Comment

It's the biggest county land wise in Oklahoma..and great hunting. Thats about all I know
            You can't fix stupid!

Comment

Guess I should have found this thread sooner. Starting is somewhere around 21 or 2200 a month caps at 2500 right now but this Sheriff has been moving it up fast. The economic thing has set him back this year but I look for us to be around 3000 a month in a year or two and climbing after that.

The southern end is starting to develop fast and I look for a considerable expansion before 10 or so years. We are funded differently than most counties in Oklahoma. Years ago the county voted a sales tax in that pays for everything except the Sheriff's salary and we have never used all of the monthly intake. The older Sheriff's hired a lot of good ol boys to fill slots and we used to have a lot of dip$hits running around.

Sheriff Koch requires a little more of an officer to work now. Oklahoma certified or out of state certified can get right on the street but uncertified have to work the jail and go to the academy before you can test for Deputy. The Sheriff will not put an uncertified man on the street but I have seen him hire a few and send straight to the academy. Out of state cert can get on pretty easy and just have to go to the reciprocity training. We have all the usual fields, patrol, k-9, sro, invest, and so on. Our Drug task force is made up of 5 deputies and is not ran by the DA's office like most counties. The Sheriff runs it and post openings just like any other office might.

Rumor is that he is about toput another one on but Im not positive on that. Im sure he will eventually but I cant say when.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Osage 127
              Last edited by HCSO511; 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by HCSO511 View Post
                Any other questions feel free to ask. Osage 127
                PM sent to you, HCSO511

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3307 users online. 165 members and 3142 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X