300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Stores

Last edited by SteveOKC; 02-26-2010, 10:02 PM.

Originally posted by SteveOKC View Post
    Are there any other LE stores around the OKC Metro area besides Special Ops?

Also, what do you all suggest for flash lights?

I was thinking about this one:

Streamlight PolyStinger DS C4 LED Rechargeable Flashlight

It is currently on sale for $93.95 with a reg price of $155.99.

Do you all carry two flash lights or only one?

How about cuffs and is it better to have two sets or one set and mag holders?
    There is a new LE store off of Reno and Agnew, and you can find some stuff you need at Outdoor America and Looper Leather. Don't be afraid to shop online. I would go with the flash light you mentioned. I would also keep the Stinger on your belt, and get a flashlight ring for a SL20. You can snap the leather part of the ring through your inner belt and use it as a keeper. Leave the SL20 in the car until you are going to be in the dark for an extended period of time. You can get by with 1 set of cuffs while you are in FTO, but after I would keep 2 on me. When you do start FTO I would go to Looper leather and buy the belt keeper that is also a key holder.
    Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

i use a streamlight scorpion as a belt light and the good old 4 cell mag light, also have a spare set of batts in the bag, and a backup surefire.

batteries plus? sells lithium batts to LE for dirt cheap, but rechargeable is def the way to go, i just had all my stuff prior to being LEO so..
      In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Handheld light(s);
        • Streamlight SL20X with LED Bulb Upgrade
        • Streamlight Strion LED on Belt 24/7

For weapon use... Surefire X300 on both the pistol and rifle.
        sigpic

Comment

I use Surefires for belt and weapon light. I have had the same 6P rechargeable light since 1995. Loopers will take good care of you. Good folks to deal with.
          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

As Norman pointed out, there is a new store called COPS near agnew and reno. There is also a store called Patrol Technologies on Walker, just north of I-240.
            H&H has also setup an LE section in the store. It is not fully up and running yet, but they do have tons of flashlights and of course LE firearms. It is my understanding they will carry a full line of duty gear. (belts, accessories, etc..) Their flashlights cost a bit more than the local cop shops though.

As far as flashlights, the Streamlight Stinger has served me well. What Norman suggested with the SL20 is spot on. My agency provides an SL20 in our rides. It is just cumbersome to carry the thing around all the time, but does come in handy when out for an extended period. The Stinger DS led is awesome. It has two constant output modes as well as a strobe feature.

Another option is the Pelican 7060 for belt carry. It comes with a belt holder in plain leather, basketweave or nylon. It is actually brighter than the stinger. Like the Stinger DS it also has two independent switches. I have seen them at Patrol Technologies with a charger for $120.00

I would suggest carrying at least two sets of cuffs.
            Last edited by Orangecrush75; 09-11-2009, 06:07 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Last edited by SteveOKC; 02-26-2010, 10:03 PM.

Comment

SL 20 will probably be issued in the academy...but I will tell you one thing....order from express police supply...prices are way cheaper and it's in Kansas so your stuff gets to you in like 2 days...the website is www.ombexpress.com I think
                You can't fix stupid!

Comment

Patrol Technology at 7380 S. Walker. 631-0177.

Looper Leather/Law Enforcement at 2124 S. Prospect (S. I-35 Serv Rd.). 677-1655.

COPS Police Supply at 2550 W. Reno, Suite 101. 232-7300.

Also, with flashlights "One is None & Two is One"...I carried one on my belt and another in the car, plus a third in a charger in the trunk.
                  "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                    There is a new LE store off of Reno and Agnew, and you can find some stuff you need at Outdoor America and Looper Leather. Don't be afraid to shop online. I would go with the flash light you mentioned. I would also keep the Stinger on your belt, and get a flashlight ring for a SL20. You can snap the leather part of the ring through your inner belt and use it as a keeper. Leave the SL20 in the car until you are going to be in the dark for an extended period of time. You can get by with 1 set of cuffs while you are in FTO, but after I would keep 2 on me. When you do start FTO I would go to Looper leather and buy the belt keeper that is also a key holder.
                    The key holder belt keeper is the best invention this century (not really) but it is a great piece of equipment I would get if I were you. I would suggest picking one up....unless you feel like calling your Sgt. because you locked your keys in your car
                    You can't fix stupid!

Comment

I carried a car key on my belt, a car key on my whistle chain, and an extra car key in my pants pocket...then they would assign me to different car and I would lock myself out anyway
                      "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

E-mail [email protected]

Web http://stores.shop.ebay.com/policefireandmore

Web Store http://policefirestore.com

I work for Norman PD and me and my wife run a little business on the side...if you need something hit me up.....I guarantee cheapest you will find for my Oklahoma people....the webstore is just getting put together...will have tonds of stuff...i am a dealer in over 100 manufacturers

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0273 View Post
                          E-mail [email protected]

Web http://stores.shop.ebay.com/policefireandmore

Web Store http://policefirestore.com

I work for Norman PD and me and my wife run a little business on the side...if you need something hit me up.....I guarantee cheapest you will find for my Oklahoma people....the webstore is just getting put together...will have tonds of stuff...i am a dealer in over 100 manufacturers

Interesting...can you get any Under Armour loose gear...not the heat gear loose...but the actual loose gear?
                          You can't fix stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrey37 View Post
                            Interesting...can you get any Under Armour loose gear...not the heat gear loose...but the actual loose gear?
                            Give me a product number....I can get most Under Armour stuff...except their Golf and Football stuff....any of the tactical stuff I can get....you can shoot me an email at [email protected] with the info...thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3951 users online. 238 members and 3713 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X