300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCPD Blue Book 'Autobiography'

Greetings to all, this is my first post. I'm probably a little late to be a 127 hopeful, but I'm giving it a shot. I have an interview in a few days with Ms. Slaten, can anybody that has gone through this offer me some insight? I understand that she is going to give me a 'stability rating.' I'm not exactly sure what that means or is based on. Ms. Slaten certainly seemed to know her stuff though.

I have completed all portions of my blue book, except for the bio. I've written 4 or 5 versions on MS Word, the shortest being 2 full pages of document. I shortened each version as best as I could, removing sentences, shortening paragraphs, etc. They provide a very small space, and if I am spacing paragraphs and using complete sentences, I just don't see how I can truly describle myself. I know this is part of the application process and I need to figure it out for myself, but I'm stumped. Should this just be a long 'Why I Want to be an OCPD Officer' essay, or should it really be a bio? Mine is pretty boring; homeschooled from 7th grade on up, worked the same job @ Tinker AFB from age 17 until 25, now applying with local LE agencies. Hopefully 'exciting' is not what they are looking for.
    Last edited by OCPD127Hopeful; 09-03-2008, 10:54 PM.

What I did is instead of listing every detail of my life I listed everything important that happened at different times of my life that solidified my idea that I wanted to be an Oklahoma City police officer.

Comment

MB has it right. A bio geared toward what you have done and why you want to be an Oklahoma City Police Officer.
      Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

Just as MarlonBrando said, keep it to the significant things that happened in your life that made you decide you wanted to be a Police Officer and/or that have prepared you to be a Police Officer.

As for the stability rating, it's a rating comprised of several things. Your PFE scores, written exam score, college education, military and law enforcement experience, and personal history, just to name a few things. All those things combined, some adding and some subtracting points, are calculated, a score is given, and you're ranked among the other applicants. The top ranked applicants get processed first.

A word of advice for all applicants. Show up early for everything! Dress in the best, meaning suit and tie, for all contacts with anyone associated with your process. It doesn't matter if you are swinging by the training center for 5 minutes to drop off something they asked you to bring them, dress in the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Chievous View Post
          Just as MarlonBrando said, keep it to the significant things that happened in your life that made you decide you wanted to be a Police Officer and/or that have prepared you to be a Police Officer.

As for the stability rating, it's a rating comprised of several things. Your PFE scores, written exam score, college education, military and law enforcement experience, and personal history, just to name a few things. All those things combined, some adding and some subtracting points, are calculated, a score is given, and you're ranked among the other applicants. The top ranked applicants get processed first.

A word of advice for all applicants. Show up early for everything! Dress in the best, meaning suit and tie, for all contacts with anyone associated with your process. It doesn't matter if you are swinging by the training center for 5 minutes to drop off something they asked you to bring them, dress in the best.
          Correct. A little birdie told me to wear the same suit you took your passport photo in every time. THey like seeing consistency

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3012 users online. 154 members and 2858 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X