300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang PD

Does anyone know how often Mustang hires new recruits and what their hiring process consists of... physical, oral board, polygraph etc. I cant find anything online about them.

ive never seen anything published unless they only do it in the local paper, which is very possible
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Hi, just found this listing on www.indeed.com. It appears to be from the Daily Oklahoman Newspaper. Is not for patrol, but at least you know where they advertise.

http://oklahoman.careercast.com/care...jobId=12612308
      I don't think it's nice you laughing. You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Comment

This is the first time I've seen Mustang advertise in the paper, even though it's for a Jailer/Dispatcher position. If you check their city website, it isn't even on there.

Can't help with the other questions. The only places around that I have seen that has ALOT of information online is OKC and Norman.
        Last edited by flhtbill; 09-01-2008, 10:04 AM.
        Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

A friend turned me onto www.indeed.com. Regardless of location, it is a wealth of info. It returns results from every source, monster, newspapers, ect based on what you enter. For the smaller departments, www.copjobs.com is great.

I wanted to ask if anyone had experience with or could otherwise speak to the Hobart Police Department or Bryan County Sheriff's Office.
          I don't think it's nice you laughing. You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Comment

I know they were hiring Reserves not to long ago. From what I can tell on their website you can't even apply until their is an opening.
            Last edited by Oklahoma_Lawman; 09-01-2008, 07:14 PM. Reason: just cause
            BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN OKLAHOMA, CONTACT ME @ 405-823-7330 CHRIS & JEN WITH COLDWELL BANKER, SELECT

Comment

Thanks guys! I put in the ap for the Jailer/Dispatcher position. Wish me luck. Hopefully I can get my foot in the door that way and possibly use it to my advantage to apply as a full fledge LEO in Mustang when it may become available!

Comment

Good Luck to you fellow airman.

Comment

Originally posted by flhtbill View Post
                  Good Luck to you fellow airman.
                  Thank you Mst Sergeant Sir! (Salute) I'm only an A1C Haha

Comment

OK I did some digging last night and found that Del City is looking for a Dispatcher/Jailer too. I printed out their ap and turned it in today. They said I should hear back from a supervisor later this evening. I'll hope for the best. Your opinions.... if I actually get lucky enough to land this position with Mustang or Del City, would that be helpful in my pursuit to later be hired as an offcer by that dept.? I hear a big help in getting on somewhere is knowing people on the "inside". Obviously I am in no way stating thats how you get the job but it sure as heck can help. True/False?

Comment

Well I got an oral board interview set up on tuesday. Any advice on preperation for this? Does anybody know what kind of stuff they'll ask me for a dispatcher/jailer position? She said there will be 3 of them with 10 questions each and it will take no longer than 20 minutes. I'm nervous as hell and I dont want to muck this up.

Comment

When you start to feel sweaty and your heart race, do this: Take a deep belly breath in through your nose for a long count of four. Hold the breath in for a long count of four, breath out through your mouth for a long count of four, hold empty for a long count of four. Do that for 3-4 breaths, repeat as needed. Good luck.
                        Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Originally posted by OKCLEOHopeful View Post
                          Well I got an oral board interview set up on tuesday. Any advice on preperation for this? Does anybody know what kind of stuff they'll ask me for a dispatcher/jailer position? She said there will be 3 of them with 10 questions each and it will take no longer than 20 minutes. I'm nervous as hell and I dont want to muck this up.
                          Find some information about the City of Mustang. Information like population, mayor, council members and other information. Also, read about the responsibilities that a dispatcher and jailer has. Other than this basic information, most other questions should pertain to you.

DISCLAIMER:I have not gone before a board for a jailer/dispatcher job, but most boards are to find out more about you, your demeanor and personality as well as your speaking skills in a stressful environment.

Comment

Thank you for the advice Sergeant. Appreciated as always Sir.

Comment

http://www.ok.gov/cleet/LE_Jobs/index.html

maybe this will help, I know a lot of smaller departments list on CLEET's website. Mustang is not listed this month but bookmark this page and check back... Good luck...
                              "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- Unknown US Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt (first)
                              - Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (The Unit)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3802 users online. 243 members and 3559 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X