300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To anyone in the know...

I received this from my friend but, I'm not too sure about it so I thought I'd bring it you guys. Is this gang-related or just something random? I'm leaning toward the latter.

"I wanted to tell you all what happened to me today. Please feel free to forward on...in fact PLEASE warn everyone you know!!

Justin and I were driving down Wilshire (coming off Broadway Extension). I was headed toward Western (if you are familiar with the area it was right before the 7-11) driving back to work. We had two black young males jump out into the road and throw a brick through the passenger side of the windshield. Justin is ok, and I am ok. Luckily, I kept driving. I called 9-1-1. When the police came they said that this is a gang thing. They throw the rock or brick or whatever, hoping you will pull over to yell or something. They then either rob you or they shoot you. THEY FREAKIN KILL YOU!! I am shaken up, I am angry. They could have hurt my baby boy. Or as you all know me and my mouth, what if I would have pulled over??? Luckily, I kept my mouth in check this time. Please, if this happens to you, do NOT pull over. They are looking for you. ALSO, the police officer said that my car SCREAMS "I am a young, possibly single woman, with no man riding with me". He said most men wont ride in my car, bright yellow cobalt (which is true). They look for this type of thing, so my car was a target. I WILL not drive that way anymore, obviously but I wanted to warn you all. This is not a forward or anything, this happened to me, MISTY ******, your friend, sister, mother, etc.....Please do not pull over...no matter how mad you are. Call 9-1-1. And report it. Keep your car doors locked, and your windows rolled up even while driving. If possible, put your kiddos in the back seats."
    Last edited by Dub13; 08-20-2008, 09:11 PM.

I just saw this on a different website. It sounds fake. Haven't seen or heard anything like this,but I could be wrong. Even if its not fake its still a good idea to stay in your car with windows and doors locked especially in that part of town.
    Last edited by Oklahoma_Lawman; 08-20-2008, 09:18 PM.
    BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN OKLAHOMA, CONTACT ME @ 405-823-7330 CHRIS & JEN WITH COLDWELL BANKER, SELECT

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
      I received this from my friend but, I'm not too sure about it so I thought I'd bring it you guys. Is this gang-related or just something random? I'm leaning toward the latter.

"I wanted to tell you all what happened to me today. Please feel free to forward on...in fact PLEASE warn everyone you know!!

Justin and I were driving down Wilshire (coming off Broadway Extension). I was headed toward Western (if you are familiar with the area it was right before the 7-11) driving back to work. We had two black young males jump out into the road and throw a brick through the passenger side of the windshield. Justin is ok, and I am ok. Luckily, I kept driving. I called 9-1-1. When the police came they said that this is a gang thing. They throw the rock or brick or whatever, hoping you will pull over to yell or something. They then either rob you or they shoot you. THEY FREAKIN KILL YOU!! I am shaken up, I am angry. They could have hurt my baby boy. Or as you all know me and my mouth, what if I would have pulled over??? Luckily, I kept my mouth in check this time. Please, if this happens to you, do NOT pull over. They are looking for you. ALSO, the police officer said that my car SCREAMS "I am a young, possibly single woman, with no man riding with me". He said most men wont ride in my car, bright yellow cobalt (which is true). They look for this type of thing, so my car was a target. I WILL not drive that way anymore, obviously but I wanted to warn you all. This is not a forward or anything, this happened to me, MISTY ******, your friend, sister, mother, etc.....Please do not pull over...no matter how mad you are. Call 9-1-1. And report it. Keep your car doors locked, and your windows rolled up even while driving. If possible, put your kiddos in the back seats."
      I work at OCPD 911 and we haven't taken calls or have heard anything about this going on. Without going into to much details in what we do, something like like would make its around the comm center.

Comment

There was an article about it on channel 5. Here is the video clip, I cannot find the text version.

http://www.koco.com/video/17248600/index.html
        Last edited by flhtbill; 08-20-2008, 10:53 PM. Reason: added the link to the clip
        Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

I have seen this one both the channel 5 and 9 web sites and it can happen but arent they saying now it is not gang related it sounds like some dope heads looking for some money to make their next score. I don't think that they would car who was driving or what vehicle it is they would still do it
          Lawdog TCSO
          In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
          well daisy if you do

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to make of it myself and figured you all would know better. I was tending to lean toward the fact that this was utter BS (especially since my friend likes to pass on news w/o checking validity first) and doubted completely that it was gang related but, you never know.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Snopes is your friend....

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/brick.asp
              -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4017 users online. 186 members and 3831 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X