Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be aware that OSP units are strictly traffic cops. VERY polished organization, however. Just 'cause you get in as a dispatcher does NOT mean you'll get a patrol position. Make sure you're in as a dispatcher/cadet or straight into the OSP academy. Find a recruiter and callhim/her. They'll give you the straight sh*t.

Comment

i was supposed to be in the last class, but it got cancelled due to funding. The newest word i got from the academy is that the next one will start summer 2009 at the earliest. i put in my application in Dec. of 2005. I processed for the 148th but the class was too full so there was 10 or so of us that were overflow and the i processed for the 149th and it got cancelled but is supposed to start in 2009 but no guarentees.

Everyone that puts in an application takes the written, once. But with that score you get put on a list of 1000-3000. then they decide to have an academy and they process the top 100-150 on the list. SO YOU HAVE TO SCORE HIGH or you'll be on the list forever because 50-70 people take it every mont or so. it took me a year from my test date to be selected for processing. So i've been processed twice now. but i'm in the mix so i'll have to process again when the next one starts, the key is to be selected for processing. after that it's really just a waiting game. so, my advice is if you want to go to the academy, score high on the test and enjoy the ride. some troopers took 6 years or more so if it's not what you really want i'd look into something else. good luck either way.
      sigpic

Comment

Don't mean to bump such an old thread but rather than starting a whole new one just to ask "can anyway answer my questions" I thought I'd post here..

Any troopers willing to answer several questions I have about the department via personal message, please message me. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9083 users online. 412 members and 8671 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X