300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akron PD hiring process

I see that Akron is giving their test soon. Any one know any thing about what their hiring process is like?

I got a friend who went through last years process, shoot me a pm

Comment

My best friend is a Sgt. in recruiting. What specific info are you looking for. They are pretty thorough on backgrounds and testing. Show up in shape for the PT portion.
      State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by andy black View Post
        My best friend is a Sgt. in recruiting. What specific info are you looking for. They are pretty thorough on backgrounds and testing. Show up in shape for the PT portion.
        I heard that they give their test a little bit diff than some places do. I was told it's given in 3 diff sections with a brake in between each section.

The PT test didn't look to bad. The have a diagram of it on the web site. I was trying to find out how many officers they are looking to hire.

Comment

I'll call tonight and post an update for you by tuesday afternoon. Last time we talked (a week ago) I know he said they had a bunch of spots open.

Comment

keep in mind that last year they wanted to hire around 40 applicants and had around 3,000 show up to test

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Eye View Post
              keep in mind that last year they wanted to hire around 40 applicants and had around 3,000 show up to test

3,000 people and only looking to hire 40! Dose not seem like verry good odds.

Comment

While the odds aren'ts good, remember that forty people are going to beat those odds, so strive to be one of the those forty people!
                Law enforcement is not like Walmart where they will just hire anyone that walks through the door. If you talk to many officers, they may have tried for years to get hired

Comment

They currently have 13 slots to fill and will have openings for however many retire after the first of the year.

Comment

Has any one that has signed up for the Akron PD test received any kind of notice in the mail as to what day you will be taking the test? Because I have yet to get any thing from them.

Comment

I am currently at a sniper schol with about 10 guys from APD. They are saying that they are gonna hire a lot of guys. They say that they have a lot retiring plus a large amount of guys are bailing to other departments. hen I asked why they say because plans are in the works to combine APD and the Summit County SO. I guess many of the guys don't want that.

Comment

Mikol: I haven't heard anything yet.

As far as combining the APD and the SO, I've heard that too, but if they try there's going to be one hell of an uproar. I can see that being attempted by the Mayor but with the way crime is in Akron (completely out of control), I think it would be extremely stupid.

Comment

Did anybody get their results back from the APD test back in September? I got mine. I'm happy with my score but not too happy about my rank. There is no information on there about when the PAT is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Norton View Post
                            Did anybody get their results back from the APD test back in September? I got mine. I'm happy with my score but not too happy about my rank. There is no information on there about when the PAT is.
                            I got mine today. Same here, Im happy with my score but not with my rank. Keep in mind they were giving Akron residents %15 extra, in which i'm not. My guess is that if we scored high enough to be considered they would of sent us the info about the PAT along with our test results. I think they're only looking to hire like 40-50 people.
                            Last edited by mikol427; 12-18-2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikol427 View Post
                              I got mine today. Same here, Im happy with my score but not with my rank. Keep in mind they were giving Akron residents %15 extra, in which i'm not. My guess is that if we scored high enough to be considered they would of sent us the info about the PAT along with our test results. I think they're only looking to hire like 40-50 people.
                              Well, if that's the case then I'm not too far down the list. A lot of people are going to be eliminated in the PAT. A lot are going to be eliminated in the background check. So, they'll need to process a good deal of people. And, I didn't qualify for the 15 % extra credit for residency, either. I've only technically lived in the corporate limits of Akron for 9 months. I'm not even sure I got any extra credit for my degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10526 users online. 383 members and 10143 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X