300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get on CPD!!

I am at the end of the process. I have passed everything and I was waiting for my Conditional letter. Now that I have learned about the December academy being canceled which was supposed to be what I was being processed for I am stuck with no idea when to expect the next class. I know there are more of you out there who are in my position and just wanted to hear any further information others might have about what is going on and when to expect the next class. Tough times for CPD, but how about those of us who were expecting employment? Just wanted to open it up for those who are in my similar position!

By CPD, do you mean Colombus Police Department or Cleveland Police Department?

Comment

Sorry! To clarify I meant Columbus Police Department!

Comment

Well, I would stay in shape because when ever the next class will be, you will probably be in it if you went thru the entire process, they are not going to just throw you out. Whenever the class in 2009 starts, you will probably be in it as long as you pass your Psych and treadmill stress test (which is tough) so stay in shape.

Comment

Good luck with that name, MaizenBlue. Were you officially granted entry into the next starting academy class?
          The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

I was not officially granted entry. In fact I am waiting to be scheduled for a psych and medical. Being that there is currently a "hiring freeze" due to budget issues I wont be getting that letter for a while. My B.I. is encouraging that they will have to do something relaively soon, but there is no definitive answer.

Comment

What a sucky waiting game. I can't imagine you'll wait too long, there's just so many people in Ohio P&F pension that will be retiring, I've heard potentially hundreds of retirements in Franklin county are ready to go any time.
              Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizenBlue View Post
                I am at the end of the process. I have passed everything and I was waiting for my Conditional letter. Now that I have learned about the December academy being canceled which was supposed to be what I was being processed for I am stuck with no idea when to expect the next class. I know there are more of you out there who are in my position and just wanted to hear any further information others might have about what is going on and when to expect the next class. Tough times for CPD, but how about those of us who were expecting employment? Just wanted to open it up for those who are in my similar position!
                Yeah I'm in the exact boat as you, considering they only ended up hiring 29/80 for 2008, plus whatever they would want to go through the academy for 2009, I feel I have a good chance. I wonder how many people are still in the proccess and; did they end up canceling the written for this fall? i heard they were trying to. waiting with no real end in sight sucks.

Comment

We need to start a club or something for the left outs lol. I was done and did my psych back in April and there were at least 4 other guys with me that day so im not sure if any of them got in july. I just can't help but worry that they may wait to start the next academy in july or december 09, and hopefully the class will be 50 at least. But i rather all this happen then them just laying off hundreds of officers or firefighters.

Comment

I saw on the local news that city hall is beginning a layoff of workers. Probably not a good sign for you police applicants. I know many years ago numerous officers entered the DROP program. With that and the normal number of officers reaching retirement age/years CPD will start losing many to retirement. Maybe that will help with the start up of a new academy class. If not, Chief Jackson will simply pull from the plainclothes ranks and put them back in Patrol (as he has threatened to do for decades), thus seeing no need for an immediate class of new recruits. Good luck guys...it will open up. When is anyone's guess.

Cols Dispatch article: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...s&cat=&sid=101
                    Last edited by CPD7297; 08-02-2008, 08:41 AM.
                    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Well that is bad news. Ill tell ya what though there is no other department I would rather work for in this area so I will be waiting as long as I need to. It is frustrating to say the least, but the way the economy is it will not be easier anywhere else you go. For everyone in my shoes wait it out and in keep your head up. We never know when it may turn around.

Comment

After working in central Ohio L.E. for the past 5 years, there's probably only 1 other agency I'd work for over CPD. CPD is a great agency and I hope to work there one day myself.
                        -Stay safe

Comment

Dont give up

I spoke with someone today who worked with CSC and he told me that the December class is on hold and that not until September will they officially cancel the class or reinstate it. They are going over the fiscal budget and wont make a final decision until sometime in September. That does not mean that they wont cancel it, but there is still a little hope for those of us who are waiting to get in. Just wanted to share that with you all and hopefully it turns out the way we want it to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158296 users online. 126 members and 158170 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X