300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Ohio PD Academy

Is there anybody that can give a little insight as to how difficult the academy is? Also, for someone with a spotless record (no moving violations in 5 years, outstanding credit, no arrest record, positive employment recomendations etc...) how difficult is it to get hired?

I can, It is a very challenging academy. It tests you physically and mentally. It is paramilitary, so expect that type of treatment. It's not difficult to be hired. It all depends on what you scored on the test. Hopefully you have been called already for the next class?? Not sure but good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently going through my background, but it seems like they are moving at a snails pace! My record is very clean, so i feel fairly confident. However, we all know how things play out in politics! Has there been any word as to when another academy is going to start? If hired I'd be in line of the next one. I've heard August or September.....

Comment

You know Cleveland has a past history (IIRC, it's happened twice) of laying off junior officers when city funds get low? I know a few went down to work in Cincinnati.
        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

I would seriously consider applying to other agencies as a first choice over Cleveland for several of the reasons given and many many others. Cleveland WILL lay off more officers.

Comment

I disagree, Cleveland won't lay off. I know it's not concrete but I don't see it happening. From everything I hear the academy should start either early to mid August. Good luck with everything! I can advise you start getting some quality pt. There is a website www.crossfitcleveland.com there are some great exercises on there posted by the Academy's gym Sgt. The training is some of the best you will receive in the state. Hope to see you all there soon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6733 users online. 173 members and 6560 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X