X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dept Of Corrections Hiring Freeze

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering if anybody has any info on when DR&C will start hiring
    C.O.s again? I passed all my testing and backround investigation in March and my B.I. said that because of state budget cuts and something to do with the union, they are not doing any new hires yet and that I would definately be one of the first ones that they call , around August hopefully. I saw on the Ohio state Employee Union site a timeline for something that ends on July 20. But I am not sure what it was all about. Does anybody out there have any additional info they can share????
    Thanks,
    THEY ARE HIRING AGAIN! Frosty
    Last edited by lilfrosty; 11-29-2008, 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling errors

it's over!!!

Comment

just fyi, most of ohio is going to go on a hiring freeze in 2009. good luck to all!
      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
      Rocky Balboa
      Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

last I heard no Trooper classes until 2010

Comment

what is your problem thiscoplovescoins? my response was to the other information given by lawenforcer72, about Ohio going on a hiring freeze. Isn't lilfrosty's inquiry about a state job, just a different division.

Comment

it doesnt mater
            if u arent already in law enforcement in ohio good luck getting in in the next 2 years....
            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
            Rocky Balboa
            Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

The dept of corrections is hiring for correction officers. From everything I have heard and read ( I am in Columbus) There will be no Police or Fire hiring until 2010. My friends husband is a union steward and said that is almost a sure bet. But corrections is a good way to get your feet wet if your waiting for the academy to start. And we can always use more help!!! Good luck and stay safe. I started last month and there is 2 more classes of 5 new officers in each class coming in over the next month. That is per prison. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. My institution was 35 officers short when my group came in.
              seasoned officers were working about 64 hrs a week. And in law enforcement that can be dangerous. My trainer said to tell anyone I thought might be a good candidate, to apply, we need ya
              Last edited by lilfrosty; 11-29-2008, 11:27 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8647 users online. 456 members and 8191 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X