300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD(Columbus) Swat Situation on Zone 2

anyone at that last night? NBC had a story on it today. just curious if anyone had any other details on it other than what they talked about.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Columbus SWAT was called out to an apartment when two suspects forced two people into their own laundry room.

The incident happened just after midnight Tuesday on the city's Southeast Side, NBC 4's Tacoma Newsome reported.

The couple said two suspects forced them into their first-floor laundry at 2800 Booty Dr., which is off Williams Road, near Obetz.

They were able to get out of the laundry room after a short time and called police. The two told officers they thought the suspects went upstairs to steal items.

Police arrived on the scene and called in SWAT, thinking the suspects were still on the property.

SWAT called up to the second-floor area and thought they heard a response.

SWAT officers busted into a room with their guns drawn and were surprised to find about 40 birds flying around.

The couple was all right, Newsome reported, but police were still looking for the two suspects.

Newsome couldn't confirm what happened to the birds, but investigators were still on the scene.

Stay tuned to NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for more information on this developing story.

I don't know about that, but we had a helicopter out for a while last night circling around with the spotlight on. There were a bunch of sirens and some people I talked to said the police had some dogs involved. Not sure though... this was on the west/southwest side in Precinct 10.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9546 users online. 435 members and 9111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X