300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Columbus Wagons

Hey I Might Be Alot Late But I Just Noticed That Cpd(columbus) Has A New Paddy Wagon . Does Anyone Whos Seen Them Know Why They Switched And How Many There Are?

Last run I took with a CPD wagon the guys weren't happy about it, saying it was the worst vehicle they'd ever been in.

My brief look at it (inside and out), it looks long as hell, and I bet it sucks to drive.
    Last edited by FiremanMike; 04-21-2008, 09:24 PM.
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

you have to eventually update equipment, can see it from miles away but it get's the job done. probably a few of them as well.

Comment

are you talking about the trucks with the huge "cargo" style prisoner box on the back or the new ones that are regular vans that have a raised roof? if you're talking about the first, they only got a couple and quickly decided to go back to a normal van because the large box ones couldnt fit down the alleys in the inner city and the boxes were only held on by 4 "small" bolts making it easy for the box to get knocked off in an accident as they found out i think on 9 pct when one got t-boned in the box by a cavalier type small vehicle and the box went flying off.

Comment

when was this?

Comment

i dont know when, but it has been numerous times since they got the wagons. i also heard that the way they found they dont fit down the inner city alleys is by taking the box off by hitting cars on each side. that is unconfirmed also, but i guess by them going back to the regular van, there must have been something that contributed to the decision.

Comment

Dutchboy,
              Where are you getting your information?

Comment

from guys on the street.

Comment

lol that is funny

Comment

alright, so i just saw a new wagon last night. that wasn't at all what i was talking about. The big box wagon i was talking about was like 98 or 78. i think the one i saw was 148. It looked alright. it was not as wide as 98/78 and it had a sweet light bar on it. This wasn't the van they were test driving either. guess they scrapped both the raised van and the big box. hope this one works out, but then again i didn't know the normal econoline van was bad.

Comment

wow...so there is one that i havent seen then..i was referring to the box style wagaon... ill have to keep an eye out for the newer ones.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7598 users online. 221 members and 7377 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X