300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reponse time.

does anyone who works in columbus know the difference in response or protocal when responding to a 10-3 vs. responding a 10-57... from the surface they both look the same just wondering where the underlying differences are.

They are not the same. A 10-57 is simply that...hurry up I need some assistance. A 10-3 is on a 60, red light and siren, haulin' *** to get there. I don't really know if it's changed, but many years ago few officers called for a 10-3. Mostly "gimme a back up". If you know the officers on your precinct, you can tell by the tone in their voice whether you should hurry up or turn on the music and lights to get there. Does that help answer your question?
    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

well i know there not the same but again on the surface they look the same.... ive ran 10-60s on 57s ive ran them on3s but if an officer puts out a 57 and an entire pct marks "enroute" and then whats the difference if he changes that to a 3.. hes still going to get the same response....or does he maybe its has something to do with the dispatcher im guessing here, but i know how to use them both on the street, just wondering what the technical difference is.

Comment

For what it's worth, years ago a veteran CPD officer once told me that "a 57 means I'm about to get my a#@ kicked and a 3 means I AM getting my A#@ kicked!"

Comment

Originally posted by stewill View Post
          well i know there not the same but again on the surface they look the same.... ive ran 10-60s on 57s ive ran them on3s but if an officer puts out a 57 and an entire pct marks "enroute" and then whats the difference if he changes that to a 3.. hes still going to get the same response....or does he maybe its has something to do with the dispatcher im guessing here, but i know how to use them both on the street, just wondering what the technical difference is.
          You are getting to technical. According to the 10 code it is simply this: a 10-57 is a back up requested; a 10-3 is an officer in trouble. Again, many calls for assistance depends on the officer. Some officers request a back up with two people in the stopped car. Others rarely call for a back up, but when they do, his fellow precinct officers know to step it up. You state you've responded to a 10-57 on a 60. What department do you work for that allows a 60 for a 10-57 back up call?
          The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

i apologize for getting too technical ....but while i worked at community crime patrol we only worked even number units so if there odd number of people scheculed to work then the odd person was assigned to a midwatch car, mainly on 8 or 19 pct. and we would run 60s on 57's all the time,probbaly against policy but it happens

Comment

Originally posted by stewill View Post
              ...we would run 60s on 57's all the time,probbaly against policy but it happens
              Well then I'll have to take your word. You know more about the workings of Patrol then I do, my time has long passed. We just never used the lights that much. I see cruisers today stopped alone on the street or in a parking lot with the light bar on.

Comment

LOL, ive seen cars not even respond, but not being an actual sworn officer i was was wondering about the difference but thanks a million though

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9771 users online. 363 members and 9408 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X